I Will Feed You To Snakes.

Regulus was sat on the sofa reading Hamlet. It was the afternoon of his second day at the Potter's, and he'd already gone through three books.

"Another one?" Sirius appeared by the door, glancing judgmentally. Regulus just glared at him. "Seriously, I've never seen someone read so much, and I share a room with Moony."

Regulus had heard Sirius' friends say their nicknames enough times to know he was talking about Remus Lupin. "It's fun," he replied.

"Who reads for fun?" James' voice was laced with confusion as he popped his head around the door.

"Idiots," Regulus muttered.

"Right, Imma go take a shower." Sirius saluted and ran up the stairs, leaving them alone.

James came and jumped on the sofa, making Regulus' body jolt with the impact. "Could you be any more extra?"

James leant over and winked. "Comes with the charm."

Regulus pushed his face away and scoffed. He hid his face behind the book and pretended to keep reading.

He was too close.

"So, Baby Black-" Regulus sighed, cutting him off, and put the book down to look at James. "I thought I told you not to call me that."

"And I chose to ignore you. Now, as I was saying, what's your book about?"

"Death," Regulus said. He just wanted James to leave him alone. Hopefully, a blunt reply would shut him up.

It didn't.

James continued with the excessive questioning. "How old are you now?"

"I turned 16 in June."

"Sirius turns 18 in November and he always said there were two years between you. Didn't think you were a cute and loyal Cancer, though."

Regulus glared again. Then, he turned to stare out the window before looking back at James (who focused his attention on his fingers awfully quick). "When's your birthday?"

James seemed shocked that Regulus was engaging in conversation, and it took a few moments to answer.

"It was in March. I turned 18."

"Well, you definitely radiate Aries energy."

"I didn't know you were so into astrology, Baby Black," James teased.

"No one does."

This made James frown, but he decided to just move on. "So, you'll be in sixth year when we go back to school then?"

"Yep." Regulus sighed. "Sirius and you are lucky."

James raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"It's your last year at school. I just want to be done with it."

"If I'm honest, I don't want to leave." James looked at the boy's confused expression and continued. "I met all my friends at school. And yeah, obviously me and your brother will stay friends after, but I just don't want to leave it all behind. There are so many memories there."

"Well, unlike you... I don't have any friends," Regulus said. He tried to play it off as being unbothered by the fact that he was lonely, but James saw through it.

"You've still got a few years to branch out."

Regulus rolled his eyes, picked up his book and stood. The topic was too invasive. "Yeah, thanks, but no thanks."

He walked away not bothering to apologise for the sudden leave.

***
TRIGGER warning: abuse and blood.