I'll Never Let You Go

Hello all! First one-shot of this collection. I don't know how many there will be-- I'll probably just post them as I write them and they won't be related for the most part.

For the sake of this one-shot, I'm pretending Sara didn't (SPOILER ALERT) die. I do not own Arrow, or any of the characters. I do not own any DC characters that may or may not appear in this little one-shot... The song above (if you're using a mobile device) or to the right (if you're on a computer) goes well with this story, so feel free to listen to it whilst you read.

One more thing- there is kissing and stuff in this, but no sex.

Enjoy!

- TAAF_

{%}{%}{%}{%}{%}{%}{%}{%}{%}

The first time they kissed, it wasn't at all how Felicity expected it to be. Felicity was almost crying, begging Oliver to put her out of her misery. She wanted to be with him more than anything in the world, but he kept stringing her along.
"Then say never Oliver! Just stop- dangling maybes! Say it's never going to work out between us, say you'll never love me! Say-" Felicity cried, but was swiftly cut off by Oliver, shaking his head as he bent down, his eyebrows crinkled.
"Felicity-" He pressed his lips to hers softly, slowly turning with her. When he pulled back, Oliver whispered-
"Don't ask me to say I don't love you." Oliver did really love her, and wanted her to know. He brushed his thumb over her cheek, but Felicity backed away from him.

"I told you as soon as we talked it would be over." She murmured before turning on her heel and walking away, tears immediately welling in her eyes, leaving the man she loved standing there, his hands frozen where he had cupped her face. Oliver bit his lip, unable to face the fact he might have lost Felicity. Felicity was able to make it out of the maternity ward before she broke down sobbing, tears streaming down her face, no doubt ruining her makeup. Felicity hailed a taxi as soon as she was out of the hospital, wiping her eyes. She told the cabbie her address and the car pulled away.

...

Felicity curled up on her bed a few nights later, crying softly. Knowing that Oliver loved her only made it worse. Just because he loved her didn't mean he was going to do anything about it. He wouldn't give her a definitive answer, whether he wanted to have a future with her, whether he wanted to be with her... Suddenly, there was tap on the glass window. Felicity gasped and looked towards the source of the sound. Oliver was standing on her balcony, with his Arrow uniform on, minus his mask. He looked sad, and Felicity got off her bed and pulled the sliding door open.
"Don't you have fighting to do?" She sighed.
"Even the Arrow can have a night off."
"What do you want?"
"I came to apologize... Again." Felicity crinkled her eyebrows, unable to stop her eyes from watering.
"For what?"

"I gave you the wrong message, I think."
"Oliver-"
"I want to be with you, Felicity!" Oliver whispered. "I want to kiss you, and make you mine, and tell you how beautiful you are every day. I don't want to live without you. I cannot live without you."
"Well this is an interesting turn of events." Felicity mumbled, before Oliver took her face in his hands and pressed his lips to her soft ones. The second time they kissed, it felt like Felicity's chest was going to explode. There were no tongues, there was no groping, or anything of the sort. It was a sweet, and beautiful kiss that Felicity would hold onto for the rest of her life. Oliver had spent a lot of time trying to convince himself that he didn't love Felicity, but really he did.

He loved her so much, so so much, and Oliver had never felt such elation when touching someone before, not with Sara, not even with Laurel. Oliver cupped her face, feeling her smooth skin on his palms. The look on Felicity's face made Oliver smile, and he leaned down to kiss her forehead.
"I love you, Felicity. I love you." Oliver breathed the words against her skin, so incredibly relieved to have finally said them. Felicity couldn't believe what she was hearing, and tears formed in her eyes. "Hey," Oliver brushed her thumb under her eye, wiping the tear away. "Don't cry."
"Oliver-" Felicity choked. "I-" For a moment, Oliver thought she might have been rejecting him again.