Chapter 8: Sight

"Wei WuXian!" Jiang Cheng's voice bellowed through the gardens.

Wei WuXian turned around towards his brother's voice, holding Jin Ling in his arms. It had been four days since his return to the outside world and Wei WuXian spent most of that time with his family and learning more of what he could about Lan WangJi's situation. He also did frequent communications with Wen Qing to make sure everything was food back home.

Jiang Cheng ran into view, his features carrying urgency, "It's Crucial! Come quick!"

Wei WuXian nodded and looked at Jin Ling, "A-Ling, I've got to go, okay?"

Jin Ling pouted but nodded, "Come back,"

Wei WuXian laughed and agreed. He then turned towards Jiang Yanli, who had been sitting on the bench swing watching them with a soft smile as she read a book.

"Shijie, you'll have to take A-Ling, "

Jiang Yanli nodded with a warm smile, taking her son in her arms. She then said a soft farewell to both her brothers, before Wei WuXian ran towards Jiang Cheng. Once again, they were walking down gold and white corridors, leading to Elegance Hall.

They walked in, side by side, black of Chenqing and deep purple of Sandu glittering at their waists. The doors closed behind them and Jiang Cheng guided Wei WuXian towards a large table set in the center of the hall with a large map on it. On the map there were multiple markings and small words and phrases across the land, but never straying too far away from the Great Sects. Only the gentry Sect Leaders were looking over the material, with exception of Jin Guangshan being replaced by his two sons and nephew. Other Sect leaders were standing nearby looking troubled, whispers being exchanged and worried murmures, a few glances sent towards Wei WuXian.

When they reached the table, Wei WuXian smoothly stood beside his brother and Lan Xichen. The atmosphere of the room was tense and worried. Wei WuXian looked down at the map, eyes hardening in concentration as he understood. These were markings of all the places Lan WangJi had been reported seen, the dates written beside each marking. It was spread out, but Wei WuXian noticed a few of the earliest locations were in the YiLing area. Wei WuXian's eyes softened slightly, realizing what it meant. Though scanning around, he realized it was a little over a month ago that Lan WangJi began to hide himself and stay out of reports, large gaps in between dates, in locations far from one another. He looked up at Lan Xichen, seeing the older man deep in thought. Wei WuXian broke the silence, "What's wrong?"

"We got word from a small town in Yunmeng," Jin ZiXuan informed, pointing to the town quite the distance from Lotus Pier, and even farther from Lanling, "Hanguang Jun was seen there and he caused quite the scene,"

Wei WuXian's eyes widened, "Lan Zhan was seen?"

"The cultivators sent word to Lotus Pier, which sent it to Sect Leader Jiang," Nie MingJue explained, "The description was a young, tall male cultivator cloaked in white with the Lan Sect forehead ribbon worn. The cultivators identified Bichen, and added the fact that WangJi showed both gold and red eyes,"

Wei WuXian's expression tightened in worry, "Red eyes?"

Jiang Cheng nodded, "It was also how we realized the resentment had been simmering inside him for too long. Back in the Unclean Realm, when Hanguang Jun was, rightfully, yelling at Jin ZiXun," Jin ZiXun glared sharply, about to refute, but Jiang Cheng's eyes were ten times sharper and more dangerous, "His eyes turned red, flashing between the two colors. After he took in the resentment from Baxia, his eyes stayed red for a while, before returning to gold,"

Wei WuXian frowned a bit, glancing over at Baxia, "Why does Baxia have resentment?"

Nie MingJue's face darkened, "That is not the concern of a rogue cultivator,"