Adopted

The group awakened from their deep sleep, only to know that the snakes were circling around their treehouse. "JUMP!" yelled Adrian. The group then leapt from their treehouse shelter onto the forest floor where their motorcycle was. "Get on the motorbike," Adrian said. The rest of the group got onto the motorcycle and sped away, through the dark jungle floor. The group then ended up on a hill where there was a clearing and predators were lurking. The snakes weren't here, but a jaguar was prowling through the forest floor and the group could hear the screech of a harpy eagle. The jaguar made a soft growling noise and ran towards the group. "GO, GO, GO!" Priscilla yelled. The group then drove into the lush forest ahead of them and ended up arriving at a native village where a tribe was waiting for them. This tribe was a part of the Akawaio Tribe, which dwelled in parts of Brazil and Venezuela. "Are they hostile?" Calista asked. "No, they are actually friendly. They take people in who are lost in the jungle," Adrian said. Once they arrived, two of the tribe's warriors examined them, making sure they were strong enough to keep, as they were going to go hunting with the tribe. "All right, they may go into their hut." Two of the tribe members gave them clothes that fit with their culture. The tribesmen said that they will get the face paint as soon as they learn the native way of life and become skilled hunters and warriors. "Ok, come with us. We are going to go to the eating area as lunch is ready. Capybara and caiman are on the menu today, killed by two of the tribe's most skilled hunters," Akikta said. Akikta was one of the tribesmen of the Akawaio Tribe, but he himself was not a very skilled hunter since he had three young children to take care of. The four teens got ready to eat their lunch which they chose caiman as their meal. "Yummy," Adrian said. Meanwhile, five hundred miles away from them, Dr. Allis was studying the snakes' movement with infrared sensors and tracking devices. "One of the snakes is near the native village. It looks like the tribe has to succumb to this deadly snake. Nothing can stop these snakes since they have almost bulletproof skin and their fangs are as strong as steel. They have the biggest bite force for any snake, reptile and animal, at 5,000 bpi," Dr. Allis said. While checking the live video cams of the snakes, the scientists caught something never seen before. The snake ripped off the tail of an Orinoco Crocodile while wrestling it to the death. "How can they do this? The snake just ripped off the tail and then devoured it whole!" Dr. Maria said. "They have jaws like steel and they can enlarge their neck cavity whole, allowing them to devour things whole. These things can grow to be forty feet long." The scientists then headed off to their camp and started studying the behavior of these giant behemoths. That night, the tribe elders were having a meeting about whether to accept the four teens into the tribe. "I believe that they have nowhere safe to go and the dangers outside the village are getting more and more menacing. There are snakes out there, created by humans," the tribe leader, Calian, said. "I do as you say so, but they must learn the ways of the tribe," one of the tribe elders said. After the meeting, the tribe had a ceremony to formally accept the teens into the tribe. Adrian was given gloves and a hunting spear along with a bow and arrow since he was going to be a warrior. The other teens were given baskets and shorter spears as they were hunters and gatherers. "You will hunt big prey as with the human-made snakes outside the village," Calian said. Adrian then completed the warrior's pledge after Calian assigned the rest of the teens their jobs. "I will protect and fight for the tribe, under any circumstances to ensure the tribe is protected and safe from harm." The tribe then danced to celebrate and show the formal acceptance of the teens.