Chapter Thirty-Six

Syllable For The Day - 'Reason'

-----

KIERA'S POV

It was an emotional turmoil when Alan confessed that he was the one to kiss me. Also when he told me that I had stolen his first kiss, at the same place. Also, when he spoke so much.

It was inevitable for me to breakdown since I was holding it for such a long period of two months. I finally felt free and I finally felt the weight lift off of my chest.

I was happy to have my favourite KFC and more happy because Alan had bought it without me having to say. I did crave for it, just didn't tell him. But alas, he read my mind. 

Alan happened to drop all the bags in my room and now, I had no space to walk in this spacious big room. I didn't realise that I actually had tried this many clothes. I sighed.

I took out all the clothes and I knew what I had to keep and what I had to return. I made a pile and was smiling internally to see the pile that I was to return was small compared to the ones I was going to keep. 

I put the ones in their respective bags and put them aside. Now with the ones I was tot keep, they were definitely not going in my bag, so I decided to use the closet until I was here and think about how to pack them later when I would be leaving. 

Not a shock, but it was a walk-in closet. I set my clothes in and sighed since I was so tired. I fell on my bed and sighed. I hadn't even changed my clothes yet. 

I went and took a quick shower and wore a black camisole and a pair of grey cotton shorts. I felt fresh after the bath and my sleep was lost. I groaned and walked out to get some water and I met Alan there.

"Still awake?" He asked me as I fetched myself a glass of water. I hummed and drank water. I kept the glass and gave Alan a look.

"I was sleepy but after the shower, my sleep just went away. Now, I'm wide awake." I said and acted to open my eyes with my fingers. I sighed and sat on the couch. 

I switched the television on and scanned through Netflix to see if there was something I could watch. I wanted to see a movie or at least something that would make me fall asleep it just would pass my time. 

While scrolling, I happened to find a movie called 'Set It Up'. It wasn't a new release but I had remembered the female lead from Ed Sheeran's Perfect' music video. She was one of Eva's favourites, too.

I started the movie and seemingly it was good. It was light and funny. I suddenly felt what would've happened if I actually complete my assistant course and joined an office. Would that have ended up like this? 

I chuckled. 

"What's funny?" I heard Alan's voice. I looked up to see Alan with a bowl of popcorn. My eyes widened in surprise and I smiled widely. He sat beside me and gave me the bowl. I immediately popped one in my mouth.

"When did you make one?" I asked him and he just smiled. I happily munched some more. 

"What was funny?" He asked me again. I made an 'o' face.

"I was just wondering if I had completed my assistant course with Grace, where would I have been today. Also, if I would've been working as an assistant, would I be the same." I told him since he couldn't stop but pry on what was making me laugh.

"Oh." He said and settled on the couch, next to me. We both watched the movie quietly but my mind couldn't stop but drift towards Alan. I had noticed that he again had started speaking in his regular monotone.