12.5

I decided that since I haven't updated in a while, I'd share Aang teaching Uzume airbending! This takes place during chapter 4 when Aang has nightmares. In addition to this, I'll be posting chapter 13 later tonight.

During sunset, Uzume twirled around the cliff. She had left the group to destress Aang, thinking she had nothing to offer for the boy. She was quickly proven wrong when she turned and saw Aang watching her.

He looked at the girl grumpily and threw his arms up, "Nothing they did helped." He threw himself onto the ground. Uzume smiled at his temper tantrum and paused her routine.

"You know, I get your worries. I'm scared to go back there."

She bent down to Aang's level and lifted his head, "Why don't you teach me airbending?" She asked, hoping to tire him out so he'll fall asleep. He sprung up with excitement.

"It's been so long since I've airbended with another airbender."

Uzume gave the boy a motherly smile, "Well go easy on me, I only know how to push air forward and that's with my fans." Aang bowed quickly to the girl, which she quickly returned happily.

"Uzume, I'm ready to teach you the ways of an airbender." Aang smiled at her widely. Uzume chuckled, "Alright Sifu Aang, what's the first step."

Aang relaxed his body, "The first step is to be one with the wind, move calmly, like a leaf drifting." He closed his eyes and began to move his arms slowly. Uzume copied his moves as she relaxed herself and felt herself begin to move.

Aang opened his eyes and saw her movements, "You're a natural!" He told her, ecstatic. Uzume kept her eyes closed as she moved with a slight grin on her face, "It's like dancing." She said calmly.  Aang watched her in awe.

"Now just, move the air like how it moves around your body. Let it flow through your movements. Air is everywhere."

Uzume opened her fans as she moved her arms calmly, focusing on the air around her. She moved her arms in a circular motion and she opened her eyes, delighted to see a sphere of air move in between her fans.

"This is amazing!" Aang shouted, startling her, which caused her to blow the wind in his face. He looked startled and the wind blowing through his hair made it a mess, causing Uzume to giggle to herself.

Aang quickly blew wind in her face, knocking her down and making her bangs stick up. She now laughed loudly with her eyes closed as Aang watched her, smiling to himself.

Aang never had actual parents or siblings, but Uzume was starting to feel like his big sister.