Chapter 31

Elite Four Bruno

I had just beaten the first Elite Four member, Lorelei. My heart was still beating, but that was probably due to the other battles that I'm supposed to do today.

My next battle was going to be even harder than this one, and I'm pretty sure that the fight is going to be with Fighting-types. I swapped my pokéballs around so that Osore was in front.

I kept walking through the dark hallway, and it started to feel steamy. It was like walking into a sauna, but it smelt sweaty. I gulped, knowing that I was correct about who I was fighting.

I entered the room, steam preventing me from seeing where my opponent was. I kept walking through the thickness of the air, and I bumped into someone.

It was a rock-solid build and I stumbled backward, but a strong hand reached out and grabbed me before I fell. I fixed myself and thanked the person who helped me.

I heard a deep sigh, a deep voice of a man replied to me. "I am Bruno of the Elite Four."

I flinched when he mentioned his name, I face-palmed in embarrassment. "I'm so... stupid!"

"Through rigorous training, people and Pokémon become stronger without limits." Bruno boomed, his thunderous voice suddenly added a face to it.

He was huge. Almost as if Lt. Surge had a sibling, and he was buff. One punch to my face, and I'd die.

"I'm..." I stuttered through my sentence, my mind is a jumble while staring at his muscles.

"I've lived and trained with my fighting Pokémon!" Bruno thundered, readying his pokéball. "That will never change!"

I grabbed my pokéball and grinned at Bruno. "And you're about to get beaten down by a 16-year-old girl!"

He threw out his first pokéball. "We will bring you down with our superior power!"

I threw out what I thought was Osore, but I accidentally threw out Haru. I panicked, but this worked out for us since Bruno had sent out Onix. I snuck a grin at Haru, who sent me one back, and we both nodded at each other.

"Giga Drain!" I grinned.

Haru aimed his large pink flower at Onix and drained its energy away. I could see the look in Onix's eyes as it was being drained of energy. I felt a bit bad, but this was no time for sympathy.

Onix fell to the ground, its limp rocky body unmoving as Bruno called it back. I called Haru back and sent out Osore, and Bruno sent out Hitmonchan.

The humanoid Pokémon was quite tall with bright red punching gloves, and a dull purple outfit. I quickly called out Osore's attack. "Fly!"

Osore flew high into the air, disappearing from our sights. Bruno couldn't call out any attack, and Osore struck it straight into Hitmonchan's chest.

"Yes! Nice Osore!" I encouraged.

Osore turned back and cawed at me, his beak attempting to smile. I glanced back over, and Hitmonchan was still standing. I looked in horror as Bruno grinned.

"Rock Tomb!"

I gasped, but Hitmonchan punched the ground and shot several rocks at Osore.

"Osore, try and dodge them!" I shouted, trying to avoid the flying rocks as well.

Osore used his agile flying skills and did his best to dodge the largest rocks that were being thrown at him. I clenched my fists, but I kept expecting the worst. Unfortunately, a rock managed to clip Osore's wings, causing him to wobble in the air.

I glared at Bruno. "Quick attack!"

Osore vanished instantly and Hitmonchan flew back at Bruno, it crashed into Bruno and he sent out another Onix. I called Osore back and sent out Haru.

"Giga Drain!" I shouted, angry that I couldn't do anything for Osore until after the battle.

Haru drained Onix for a second time, not letting it catch its breath. They might rock snake had fallen a second time, and Bruno angrily called it back. I called back Haru and sent Osore out again, waiting for Bruno to call out a fighting type.

He sent out a Machamp. A humanoid Pokémon with four buff arms, muscular legs, and a beak-like mouth. I flinched; Osore did too.

"Fly!"

Osore shot himself up in the air, vanishing from our sight. I glanced at Bruno, he didn't seem worried at all for Machamp. I couldn't blame him, the Pokémon looks as if it could crush my skull with a flick.

I snapped my fingers. "Now!"

Osore flew straight into Machamp's chest, knocking it on its feet. I nodded at Osore, glaring intensely at the fallen Machamp.

"Cross Chop." Bruno snickered.

Machamp dashed at Osore, two of its arms crashed down on Osore's back. Osore fell to the floor in pain, he cried out as Machamp finished attacking.

"Osore, are you ok? Do you want to be switched out?" I shouted, readying his pokéball.

He glared at me. "Rooooooow!"

I blinked and giggled. "Alright then... Fly!"

Osore quickly flew into the air, much to the surprise of Bruno and his Machamp.

"How did your Fearow not faint?" He gasped.

I grinned and snapped. "Now!"

He shot himself straight into the chest of the muscular Pokémon. Osore sent Machamp into the wall, shocking both Bruno and his Pokémon. Bruno growled as he sent out his final Pokémon, Hitmonlee.

A brown Pokémon with an ovoid body with no head or neck, its legs were flexible and had three claws at the end of them.

I can't let Osore be kicked by it... he'll probably faint. I thought to myself.

"Mega Kick!"

I gasped, but Hitmonlee was already running at Osore, it launched itself in the air while aiming its claws foot straight at Osore.

"Fly!"

Osore flew out of the way just in time, and Hitmonlee kicked right into the wall. It struggled to get out of a large piece of rubble. I felt a bit bad for what I was about to do, but I wanted to win.

I snapped my fingers, and Osore had knocked out Hitmonlee. Bruno called back his final Pokémon and marched straight up to me.

"How could I lose? To a child like you!" Bruno growled.

I frowned. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He shook his head. "My job is done. Go face your next challenge."

I glared at him but quickly moved towards the next door. I took a deep breath and opened it.

***
Wooooooo elite four battles are hype. I remember when I was younger, I had no clue what they were talking about I was just interested in the cool designs.