Part 1: I'm Pregnant

Of course, all the characters are JK Rowling's. 

Please leave comments! I love to read them!

And.... I think that's it, so here we go...

-----------------------------------

~I'm Pregnant~

A warm lump rose in Lily's throat and her hand immediately shot up from her lap to cover her mouth. Remus eyed her curiously from across the table, his gray eyes filled with concern.

You okay?  he mouthed.

Lily smiled and gave a brief nod, hoping it looked reassuring. Apparently it worked, because Remus smiled in return and turned back to Benjy Fenwick who was giving the Order an update at the head of the table. But Lily couldn't exactly remember what he was speaking about, other than that it was critically important; so much so that even James and Sirius were listening raptly and hadn't made a single joke since he began speaking.

Lily's stomach clenched again and she doubled over slightly with a sharp intake of breath. Now she had caught James' attention and he turned to her, leaning forward with his brows contracted with worry.

"Are you okay?" he whispered quietly, their foreheads so close that they were almost touching.

"I think I need some air," Lily responded tightly and rose from her seat as quietly as she could. James started to rise too, but she waved her hand and sent him another reassuring smile so that he sat back down with a few worried glances in her direction as she left the room.

The moment she shut the door behind her, Lily raced down the hall and swung around a corner, practically throwing herself into the nearest bathroom. She pulled her hair over one shoulder and bent over the toilet's open seat, spewing her breakfast into the porcelain bowl. Numbly, she used her foot to kick the door closed behind her as another heaving wave of nausea ensued.

When she was sure it was over, she slid backwards, groaning, until her back was resting against the wall and she withdrew her wand from her jeans' pockets. With a quick flick, a glass of water appeared in her hand and she downed the drink in one gulp before filling it to the brim once more. She lifted the rim of the cup to her lips and prepared to take another sip when she felt her stomach constrict yet again and she somehow managed to set the glass on the floor without spilling it before she was retching over the toilet bowl again.

Lily tensed when a soft knock sounded from the partially shut door, but relaxed when a familiar and warm voice sounded. "Lily? Can I come in?"

"Sure, Molly," Lily croaked back and she tried to pat down her wild hair.

"Merlin's beard!" Molly's eyes went wide in surprise as she took in the sight before her. Lily was still sitting at the base of the toilet, but her face was pale and her eyes were swollen and red. "I hope you don't mind me saying, but... you look terrible!"

Lily chuckled softly and closed her eyes. "I think I must be coming down with the flu or something," she said. "Or maybe I ate something bad last night."

"Well, I have some herbal tea for you. It always helps an upset stomach." Molly held out the teacup balancing on a delicate saucer and she shut the door behind her before crouching on the floor near Lily. But, she quickly set the cup down on the sink counter and reached to hold back Lily's hair as she bent furiously over the toilet again.

"There, there," Molly cooed softly, rubbing her back in soothing circles. "Get it all out."

"Thanks Molly," Lily groaned as she sat back up again a moment later. "But you don't have to stay. I'll be fine. You should get back to the meeting."