Chapter 10.

Two Months Later
Ludwig was asked to come to Parliament for some urgent news.

So there he was, nervously tapping his foot. He had been feeling much more anxious and tense for the past three months since he'd last seen Feliciano. He didn't know why. Maybe it was because he didn't know where he went all of a sudden?

Like he was afraid of, the loneliness he had tried to avoid caught up to him. He had trouble focusing on work, sleeping, and occasionally forgot to eat, just trying to find a way to distract himself from how he was feeling.

Ludwig heard his name called down the hall, and suddenly he was pulled off of the chair and crushed in a hug from Gilbert.

Prussia🇩🇪: Güten Tag, West!

Ludwig blinked before beaming and hugging his brother back.

Germany🇩🇪: Did you get out safely?

Gilbert snorted and waved dismissively.

Prussia🇩🇪: Please, Vladimir was trying to get me out of there as soon as possible. Apparently we didn't even need the plan, he just couldn't stand me being around anymore with me pestering him all the time!

Ludwig laughed.

Germany🇩🇪: Well, in that case why did we even come up with such an elaborate plan? I should have known you'd do all the work yourself.

Germany glanced over to Matthew and smiled gratefully.

Germany🇩🇪: Still, danke Schön, Canada... thank you so much for what you did...

Matthew blushed and smiled back.

Canada🇨🇦: B—Bitte Schön, Ludwig...

Ludwig blinked, not expecting Matthew to know much german. But he smiled again and nodded.

Arthur smiled at Matthew and patted him on the back.

Britain🇬🇧: You did great, Matthew. I hope you know how much you did for them.

Matthew blushed a bit and nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: I do... thank you.

Suddenly Matthew flinched and looked down. Trying not to shake from the sudden kick.

Britain turned back to Matthew with a concerned expression.

Britain🇬🇧: Matthew? Are you alright?

Matthew nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: Yeah... just a cramp...

Arthur looked down, and spoke again.

Britain🇬🇧: Matthew, you... know I'm willing to help you if you're in trouble or going through something, right?

Matthew nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: Yeah, I'm... really tired... I think I'm going to take a nap...

Britain didn't protest.

Britain🇬🇧: Alright, let me know if you need anything...

Matthew nodded and went to his room when the same pain came over him again. Then he went pale when he realized it wasn't a kick.

As quickly as he could, Matthew alerted his other family members. Then without being noticed, Emrys helped Matthew over to Sealand while Seamus got Peter, and Alastor called Ivan to tell him what was happening.
Meanwhile
Prussia🇩🇪: So, what did I miss while I was gone, West? How's Feliciano?

Ludwig looked down, feeling that same burning soreness in his throat and chest.

Germany🇩🇪: Actually, F—Italy and I broke up a while ago...