Slipping through my fingers

Its midnight and Ruby can't sleep because of the wedding. Pauline sleeps in the hotel so Ruby knows that everything is okay with her. Ruby stands up from the bed and watches Fernando smiling how he is sleeping, her husband finally tomorrow after so many years. And a real love for her. She sighs and wears then a little jacket and go out and walks to the hotel. She knows where Donna's room is but she never visited it. Ruby walks to her room and opens the door really quiet. She turns on the light and close the door and looks around. She sighs quiet happy because her own daughter who she always leave her alone live here and was for few years a mother without a partner and work for the hotel. Ruby looks around til she see Donnas diary. Sophie lies the diary always on Donna's table before she go sleep. She walks to the table and takes the diary and open a page and read it. Suddenly comes  few tears, a day what she remembers really accurate. Donnas 18.th birthday...

*Flashback about Donnas birthday*

Donna wake up and she knows immediately that is her 18.th birthday. Finally she is full age and she hope that her mum celebrate with her even though she don't celebrate with her the last year's. Donna stands up and go out from her room and sees how Ruby makes her finish in front of the door.

"Mum?"

Says Donna. Ruby takes her purse and searches some shoes

"What? I must go to a rehearsal."

Donna looks sad and says disappointed

"today its my 18.th birthday and I thought you celebrate with me..."

Ruby looks to her confused and shakes unbelieve her head

"do I look like a clown who celebrate my child in her birthday? I'm a singer! And that's more important than do this...this..childish things..."

Donna looks down and is just sad about what her mum is saying.

"Anyway"

says Ruby

"I must go...look for a clown or something like this.."

then she wears on her shoes and looks to her mirror and makes her hairs oderly and go then out. Donna begins then to cry and runs to her room and write in her diary what happens right now in tears...

Again in the present day where Ruby reading her diary on the page where she was. Now she knows how Donna feels in front of her and she makes her tears away from her eyes and read her diary continue and after a while she say

"I wish I care of you like a real mother and see how much fun you had in your life..."

then she sings

"Schoolbags in hand, she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent - minded smile. I watch her go with a surge of that will known sadness. And I have to sit down for a while. The feeling that I'm loosing her forever. And without really entering her world. I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter that funny little girl."

She smiles and suddenly she sees Donna how read out Sophie a story on the chair. Ruby walks slowly to them and sings then

"Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute. The feeling in it. Slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I really see what's in her mind. Each time I think I'm close to knowing. She keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time."

Then she looks to Donna and then to the book where she reading out Sophie and smiles and she is just proud what she do. Then she tries to stroke Donna over her hairs but suddenly dissappears Donna with Sophie and Ruby looks short sad and sings continue

"Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table. Barely awake i let precious time go by. Then when she's gone, there's that odd melancholy feeling. And a sense of guilt I can't deny. What happened to those wonderful adventures. The place I had planed for us to go. Well, some of that we did, but most we didn't and why, I just don't know."

Then she see Donnas dungarees and walks to it and strokes over it and sings continue

"Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute. The feeling in it."

Then she decide to wears the dungaree on and as she is finish she smiles and walks to a mirror and sings continue

"Slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I really see what's in her mind. Each time I think I'm close to knowing. She keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time."

Then she looks to the mirror to check the dungaree and suddenly comes in the mirror next to Ruby Donna and looks to her serious and disappointed and Ruby sings continue

"Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table. Barely awake I let precious time go by. Then when she's gone, there's that odd melancholy feeling. And a sense if guilt I can't deny. What happened to those wonderful adventures. The places I had planned for us to go. Well, some of that we did, but most we didn't. And why I just don't know."

Ruby lies her hand on the mirror in front of Donna and sings continue

"Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute. The feeling in it. Slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I really see what's in her mind. Each time I think I'm close to knowing. She keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time."

Then sings Donna too

"Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture. And save it from the funny tricks if time. Slipping through my fingers.."

then dissappears Donna from the mirror and Ruby stands there alone and sings end

"Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent - minded smile...."

then she lies her hands on her chest and sighs deep....