Training to Evolve Pt 1

As the three are on their way to a hotel they checked in, they run into some familiar individuals, and that's Gon and Killua who are surprised to see them here in NGL as well. Xander fills them in of the events that occurred here, and Pokkle and Ponzu's reason for coming here was to see what a chimera ant looked like. And the two saw them up close and witnessed them kill 2 of their teammates and they realized that they're strong as they thought. What shocked Gon & Killua is the fact that Pokkle got captured and Ponzu almost got killed by a gun-toting ant soldier, and Xander arrived to save her. He was also able to save Pokkle by getting him back from the ants. Once Xander told Gon and Killua everything, the two understood the whole thing and learn that he's going to teach Pokkle and Ponzu some new techniques that he had learned in over a year. This peaked their interest and they too want to know what kind of training did Xander do and how he build himself up to get strong. He also gave the 4 of them a heads up on a few things, it won't be easy of the techniques he's going to show them, they'll have to put up with him for over a month of training, then the next if they do get the hang of his techniques and master them well, they'll earn a spar with him. Xander also says that he won't be holding back. Which Pokkle, Gon and Killua nodded this. Ponzu at first was uncomfortable with the idea of sparring with Xander, but she knew deep down that she too wanted to be strong and protect the ones she holds dear (Pokkle & Xander) and accepts it.

One month later

Xander first demonstrates the after image technique to Gon, Pokkle and Ponzu. With the exception of Killua who's aware of the technique. He's done it before when going in assassination mode when trying to retrieve the ball from Netero.

Ponzu was the first one to give it a try. When she tried doing the technique, it took her over 3 days of mastering it.

Pokkle was next to master the technique, and it took him over 2 days of mastering it.

And as for Gon, it took him more than a week to master his.

Once Xander passed them on job well done with the after image technique, the next technique he was going to demonstrate to them, was Ki (Similar to Nen).

Before Xander can demonstrate, he told them there are three parts of ki that Ponzu, Pokkle, Gon and Killua should be aware of.

Vigor
Courage
Mind

The 4 acknowledges this, as Xander is ready to demonstrate his ki to them by cupping his hands together, and then a small ki energy ball emerges from his hands where they can see it.

Pokkle and Ponzu couldn't believe what they were seeing in their own eyes. Even Gon and Killua were shocked at this as well.

The small ki energy ball begins to disappear.

Pokkle and Ponzu were the first ones give it a try. And at first try, both failed. But at second try, they were finally able to do it successfully.

Gon and Killua were next to try it, and it indeed took them a while until they were able to finally master it.

All 4 completed the second phase.

Now for the third and final phase.

After knowing that Ponzu, Pokkle, Killua and Gon did a fine job mastering ki and the after image technique, they get the privilege to spar with Xander.

Killua and Gon were the first ones to go take on Xander, who was fine with taking on 2 of them at once and got into fighting stance.

This is Pokkle and Ponzu's first time seeing what Xander is made of. Ever since the hunter exam, the two had their hands full with their opponents that they had to hunt for their tag number. And plus not a day goes by when they thought of him.

As Gon and Killua dart over to Xander's direction and land a first hit on him, but Xander blocks their attack and replies by landing a hit on both of them. Both latters didn't seem fazed with how he hit them as they begin to smile and do their signature techniques, which throws Pokkle and Ponzu off since this is their first time seeing what Gon and Killua can really do. Gon begins to do one of his Nen enhanced abilities and focuses with his fist with Ko. As he readies, his technique, Xander prepares himself as he powers up with his aura surrounding him. Gon delivers a powerful rock punch to Xander who immediately tanks it, pushing him a few inches away. Xander's indeed impressed with what Gon did and he took it like a champ. Gon is shocked that Xander withstood one of his powerful attacks. Killua tries sneak from behind him and utilize his speed to attack him, but Xander was able to catch his lightning palm with one hand, with the result of damaging his own hand in the process.

This indeed shocks Pokkle and Ponzu as they discuss about how Gon and Killua evolved with their Nen abilities and they've done a lot of thinking that they too should evolve with their Nen abilities as well. And not to mention training with Xander was the right choice in order to avenge the death of their teammates.

To be continued.

Training to Evolve Pt 2 will come soon enough. Don't miss it.