Chapter 5

~Few Weeks Later~

Orion was stacking the books back on shelves and looked super tired. Every time he closed his optics he'd feel the adrenaline of being shot. There was a soft whisper in the air that gave him a fair warning. The door opened and the clerk looked back. It was Ratchet, 'wonder what he's going here?' Orion thought. The femme at the desk pointed over to him and Orion quickly put the rest of the books up on the shelf. Ratchet walked over and caught his breath. "You need to come with me, quickly." Orion looked back and sighed, "I'd love to but I'm busy." Ratchet handed Orion a thing of photos. Orion looked at them and glanced up at his friend. "What are these?" Ratchet grabbed Orion's arm and dragged him out of the Archives. Orion dragged along until they reach the first street crossing.

When they arrived at Ratchet's domain they sat int he kitchen and looked at the photos. "What are these?" Ratchet sat down beside Orion and looked at the photos that sat on the table. "These were taken on the regular cameras downtown." Orion looked deeper into the photo and turned to Ratchet, "What does this mean?" The medic shook his helm, "I don't know," He took a drink, "You need to speak to your gladiator friend. I think he's gone nuts." Orion looked over confused, "What do you mean? Stop speaking in riddles!" Ratchet looked over and set his cup down lightly. He stood up and walked over to his side drawer. He opened the drawer and set a symbol on the table. Orion picked it up and looked at it.

"It's, just my thought, I think its a sign of war." Orion's spark stopped as he starred at the symbol and the photos. "There must be a misunderstanding, Megatronus wouldn't start a war. At least I don't think he will?" Ratchet thought about how the two would hang out and sat back down turning the clerk towards him. "Did he ever go into the Archives?" Orion set down the photos and looked at the doctor, "I did but we worked on a project together." Ratchet sighed and stood up grabbing his things. "What are you doing?" Orion asked. The doctor didn't respond and opened the door. He looked back and then responded: "We need to talk to Alpha Trion about this. This is serious Orion! You let him into the Archives! He could be on his way to the council now! If we don't do anything about this, this could be the last day that we see peace."

~Somewhere~

The group of old west mechs walked around the far side of Iacon and saw a flash of red. They stopped and turned to see Orion running with an unknown mech. "Boss he's live." The rusted mech turned to the screen that popped up and soon they started all over the place. "I fear that this little clerk is behind schedule. The old west mech said, chuckling slightly. Orion stopped as he saw the screens and gasped. "Look!" The council members were up in their meeting seats up above the balcony as the camera moved Orion could see the gladiator he once trusted. "What are you doing..." The clerk whispered. Everyone stepped out of their houses and businesses to watch the report. The council members rose to their pedes and stood tall looking down to the mech who had marched in.

Orion looked around the crowd and saw the counseling house. Orion threw his satchel off and started down the road. Ratchet ran up and grabbed Orion's arm, "Don't do it." Orion looked back and pulled the medic's servo off. "I have to he's my conjunx." Ratchet stepped back and let the clerk go. He turned to the screen and stayed with the others and watched the report.

"Megatronus why'd you come in here." A council member said. Megatronus stepped up to the podium and snarled. "You promised all slaves freedom yet they're still suffering!" The council member whispered to each other as the gladiator spoke. "You idiots just love spoiling yourselves!! Kaon is falling apart and it's people are starving and dying from illness!!" Before the council member could speak there was a high pitched voice." Ratchet and the crowd gasped and stepped closer. Soundwave stepped to the side and Megatronus looked back and snarled. "Megatronus! What are you doing..." Orion asked. The gladiator snarled and pulled his arm away before Orion could take his servo. The council members slammed their staph's down to bring attention. "Orion Pax how do you know this gladiator?" Orion stood tall and took a deep breath. "I met him in Iacon and I've been with him for years! He's my conjunx endura."

The council members whispered to each other startled. Ratchet face palmed and groaned, "Why..." He whispered. "An Iaconian with a Kaonian? That's against law!" Megatronus snarled and pushed Orion aside. "This isn't about that! You free all slaves and make equality among all races!" The council members silenced the gladiator. "I'm accusing you Megatronus for disturbing the peace! If people had a problem with our separation we would've been told by our great fathers!" Megatronus snarled and stepped up, "I hope you go to hell!!" Megatronus yelled and stormed off. Orion ran and grabbed his arm. "Megatronus! This isn't what I wanted I thought I could trust you... I thought you loved me!" Megatronus looked down to the young clerk who was crying. Ratchet snarled and curled his servos into fists, he knew Megatronus was lying! The gladiator snarled and pushed Orion off of him.

"You should've left me alone. You got too close! You made the move! I never liked you! Are you with what I have to say or against me?" Orion looked up to his lovers face and started to cry more. He walked away from Megatronus and looked over his shoulder, "I.....I'm against you...." Ratchet gasped and pushed through the crowd dropping his things running for the council. Megatronus snarled and walked away with Soundwave and a bunch of random mechs following him. The council members looked as the gladiator left. Orion dropped to his knees and cried in front of the council. Ratchet pushed passed some of the other mechs and ran into the room. "Orion!" He called out. Orion looked over and got up running to his friend. They clashed their frames together and fell to their knees. "You were right..." Orion sobbed. Ratchet rubbed the clerk helm. The council members looked at the connection between the two and whispered to each other.

"Orion Pax!" They spoke. The two turned to the council members. "Yes your honor?" Orion asked cleaning his sadden face. The female council member smiled and stepped forward. "You showed great bravery to stand up against a gladiator. We'd like to give you a favor. With this act there is to most likely be another war among us." Ratchet looked at Orion and smiled. "What is your favor madam?" The council members looked to the femme and nodded. "We'd like to give you a very special relic of the noble primes." Orion knew about the Matrix after reading it in the Archives during his break hours. Orion looked at the sun and closed his optics. 'I've got this,' he thought. He opened his optics and stepped up, "I accept your offer."

~_+ That's the first book already! I know it's short but I had to shorten it up. The next book may be longer but it'll start almost directly in the war. I hope you enjoy!! +_~