Act 1

With a smirk on his face, Detective Max Santos  doesn't play into his stepmother's question, but, rather, knows who she is and plays to her and the camera. "If Ms. Santos had been on time, she would have heard my previous statement which stated that Ms. Kane's disappearance is being looked at from every angle. When it comes to Erica Kane nothing and no one is out of the realm of possibility." As Hayley goes in for one last question, Max cuts her off and says he has nothing further at the time. Hayley turns back to Mateo and points out that he's certainly his son by his ability to get under her skin. Mateo tries to get her to see Max's point-of-view, but Hayley's having none of it. The network is giving her an opportunity to get away from the fluff she's reported on for the last 2 decades because of her connection to Erica and Pine Valley, and this might be her last chance to be a serious journalist. Mateo tries again, but Hayley cuts him off thinking she'll have better luck with Colby. Mateo is about to go after her, but gets a call, looks at the caller ID, picks up and says, "I thought I told you never to be call me on this number."

Hayley moves over to Colby as she is hanging up her phone while assuring Brooke that she, JR, and Adam have everything handled; Enchantment will still become a subsidiary of Chandler Enterprises as planned. Hayley and Colby share a warm greeting (reminiscent about their father Adam) as Colby cuts Hayley off before she even asks about Erica. Colby assures her half-sister that her husband hasn't told her anything more than everybody else.  Hayley says that Max is insufferable, but that's what makes him a Santos. AJ (now Adam) enters and greets Hayley as he steals Colby away to discuss business. Adam tells Colby that with Erica missing the acquisition of Enchantment by Chandler Enterprises can't happen.

Max crosses over to chief-of-police Natalia Fowler who is with Jackson, Miranda, and Gabby and greeting an arriving Bianca. Natalia is assuring them that the PVPD is doing everything it can to find Erica. Bianca is appreciative, but wants Jackson to assure her that this is not a stunt by her mother to avoid retiring and the merger with Chandler. Jackson assures her that Erica was never retiring, just moving on and planning the next chapter; she was excited about what was next. Max wants to confirm that he will meet them at Miranda's house later to go through the events of the party and Erica's last known whereabouts. Jackson says he will see all of them there as Miranda and Gabby exchange a guilty look and we flashback to the night of Erica's retirement party. Erica storms into Miranda's office, "if my 2 granddaughters think they are going to push me out of the company I built from nothing just to sell it off to JR Chandler, they are sadly mistaken. Cancel the party because Erica Kane isn't going anywhere!"