Chapter 1

Bold CAPITAL - Who is singing

Bold Normal - Present camper singing, talking in song

Bold Italics - Singing

I recommend listening to the song while reading.

--------------------------------------------------

When everyone settled down, Percy announced, "Right. There isn't anything to warn you about in the first song. Luke and Silena's actors sing in it and its name is Prologue/The Day I Got Expelled. I'm only going to remind you that it isn't entirely accurate. On that note, I give you, The Lightning Thief Musical!"

Everyone fell silent as the song started.

LUKE - The Gods are real. Like the Greek Gods.

ANNABETH - Like the ones you learned about but weren't paying attention to.

LUKE AND ANNABETH - Well they don't pay attention to you, either.

"I can almost imagine the real Annabeth is singing this," Thalia whispered to Percy.

"I know, right?" Grover supplied.

"Why do you think I gave her the role? Now shut up. It's been a while since I've heard this and I want to sing along to my lines."

"Yes! I get to hear you sing live!" Piper whisper-shouted. This got the attention of the other campers. Will paused the song while an Apollo kid asked, "You're going to sing it?"

"Not all of my parts. I'll join some."

The campers cheered. When they quieted down, Will continued the song.

ALL - Especially if you're their kid.

GROVER - The gods have godly things to do.

GROVER AND SILENA - Godly places they need to see.

CLARISSE - Godly plans they need to make. That don't include me.

"That was me?!" Clarisse yelled.

"Yes," Percy admitted.

The Ares campers looked at him dumbfounded.

"In my defense, that was the best one to play Clarisse's role."

"I will beat you if I don't have a good role," Clarisse warned.

Percy didn't reply. He imagined the surprised look on her face when she realized she had a song.

ALL - Yeah, the Gods are real, and they have kids. And those kids have issues. Issues.

BOYS - Daddy doesn't love me and mommy is a god.

GIRLS - Mommy can't protect me and daddy is a god.

ALL - Mommy is too busy and daddy is too busy. Busy, busy, busy, busy being a god. Yeah.

You never listen to me, you never listen. You never listen to me, you never listen, oh.

You never listen but now you're gonna listen.

'Cause it's time you heard our side of the story. It's time you heard our story!