14

Trigger Warning: Cussing, self-deprecating thoughts, ED stuff (please be careful), abuse

I could breathe.

My hands trailed from the hands holding mine up to the hazel eyes that mimicked mine.

My head jerked in surprise.

"Alessandro?"

***

*Emma POV*

Alessandro gazed at me with a small, sad smile on his face, almost as if he was calculating my next words.

I tilted my head, wondering what was going on in his mind.

*Alessandro POV*

Jesus Christ, what the actual fuckity duckity did I just witness.

I've seen worse but seeing this happen to my sister jarred me for some reason.

Okay, calm down, Alessandro, chill.

I guess I should stay with her, right?

Who knows. I've never had to deal with this before.

With the guys, it was a light slap to the back, and they were good. Oh god.

Damn, I lead a fucking mafia but don't know how to handle whatever just happened.

I really need to listen to Giovanni when he tells me all those medical terms

*Emma POV*

Uh, was Alessandro okay? Side note, I am now going to call Alessandro "Ali" in my mind because my mind is tired. And I don't know why but it feels familiar.

Wait, I'm getting distracted, back on track, Emma.

"Alessandro, you good?"

He snapped out of thought before nodding his head, "Yeah."

He made to leave before turning around again, opening and closing his mouth like a fish.

I would have laughed under different circumstances, but I needed to see if he would say anything about my panic attack.

I haven't had one since that happened, and I had forgotten how hungry they made me.

Eh, who am I kidding? I'm always hungry.

Alessandro and I stared at each other, neither wanting to break the silence.

*Alessandro POV*

Okay, chill, dude. You lead a fucking mafia; you can ask your sister a simple question.

I took a deep breath before asking,

"Do you wanna go eat something?"

*Emma POV*

He wanted me to eat...with him?

Why would he want that?

Still, I felt the words tumble out of my mouth,

"Sure."

"May I pick you up? I imagine you're a bit drained," he asked.

Oh god.

He couldn't pick me up.

I was too fat.

I was too heavy.

Atleast that's what Gabriel told me.