The Vampire's Bride -10

Alina's P.O.V :

Mrs. Stayton was, just like all the other vampires I've had the pleasure of seeing, utterly gorgeous.

With long blonde hair that reached to her lower back in perfect curls, neat facial structures and an hourglass figure, she could easily give Hollywood actresses a run for their money. But mostly, she preferred to stay out of the limelight. Today, she wore a designer sky blue knee length dress embroidered with real silver threads with a plunging backline and a silver hat. The dress brought out her blue eyes. Erick didn't have that much common with his mother in terms of looks; she was more delicately built with a heart shape face while Erick was all hard angles and sharp features.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Stayton. How have you been?" I greeted politely, she's after all a very powerful vampire of over 300 years. Unlike popular belief, vampires weren't immortal. They aged and died too, but very, very slowly. I remember papa telling me once that the oldest vampire he'd met was around 16,000 years old and he looked around 50 years as per human age.

"Oh dear! Just call me Kenna! Mrs. Stayton makes me feel old," she said and pulled me into a hug. "I've been well, but you undoubtedly haven't! Look at those bags under your eyes! They-"

Erick cleared his throat to get his mother's attention, cutting her off. "Yes dear?"

"Do I really have to come, mother?" Erick whined.

"Yes! Absolutely!" Kenna exclaimed like it was the most astonishing thing she'd ever heard. "Your clothes need to be fitted too. You don't want to get married in oversized clothing, do you? Now be a gentleman and bring out your car. Mine had to go to the garage for some technical difficulties."
Erick didn't protest after that, just walked out the front door to bring over his SUV.

"You look thinner than the last time I saw you, Alina." Kenna turned towards me to give me a once over, but she had an appreciative smile on her face. "But definitely even more gorgeous and elegant. You'll be the envy of everyone at the wedding!"
I'm not sure I'm a fan of that transaction. It somehow makes me think that jealous vampires equals bloodshed.

"Thank you, Kenna." I said, unsure of how else to reply.

"How are you holding up though?" She cupped my cheeks with her warm hands. "Are you alright? How's your father?"

"I'm fine," I lied, not wanting to dampen her mood. "Papa...he's holding up...for now."

"You can talk to me if you want. I'm here for you." She assured me.

Thankfully, I didn't have to answer her this time because Erick showed up with his sleek black parked right at the doorstep SUV right at that moment.

"Let's get going!" Kenna exclaimed happily, clapping her hands in excitement.

"I'm sooo not ready for this!" I muttered under my breath, groaning. Right now, I didn't care that any vampire within a 100 mile radius heard my disapproval.

Me neither, but trust me, you can't escape my mother's clutches that easily.

Erick's voice rang in my head as we neared the car.

"Stop doing that!" I snapped, my eyes meeting his through the open window.

"Stop what?" Kenna looked at me, confused.

"Nothing, it's just-"

"I was just joking around mom. I winked at her." Erick cut me off, smirking. And just to prove himself right, he really winked at me!

My mouth dropped open. What the...! Could he come up with a lamer lie?

"Children! Come on now, we have appointments today." Kenna said seriously, glaring at Erick.

I followed her into the car and sat on the back seat with Kenna.

"Great! Now I look like your driver." Erick groaned and started the car.
I sat silently while his mother scolded him for not being chivalrous. But my mind was on something else entirely. Something I have to speak about with Erick. Soon.

Why did Erick lie to his mother about communicating telepathically with me?

Just then, he looked at me through the review mirror, his eyes electric in warning and I knew something was wrong.

Either he'd done something recently or his parents didn't yet know what he'd done four years ago.

Either way, I'm going to find out the truth one way or another.

########################################################

I know everyone's been waiting for a long long time for this update and the wait is finally over and there's not one but two chapter updates!!!! A small token to all those amazing people who said they'll wait for an update as long as it takes.

And...Yes, I know it's been ages since I updated anything and no, I'm not dead, just sick with a month long flu that I swear has fallen in love with me and decided never to leave.

So I'm back from the dead, divorce procedures with the flu in effect and with a surprise for all of you. And the surprise is....

I've updated four stories!

Yes, you've heard me...er...yourself right. I've just updated a chapter each of The Female Alpha and Yes Boss! Along with a new chapter from the much awaited book, The Bad boy called Damon! And also, two chapters from another much awaited book...Arranged Marriages are From Hell!

So hurry over and read 'em all, right now! Go!

But before you do that, please like and vote and comment and follow. And Enjoy!

Lovage!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥