chapter 2

After few hours of sleep I flutter my eyes open stretching my arms and legs out. I checked the time but it was still midnight. Getting up from the mattress I searched for my touch in which I use to see at night, since there is no electricity here or window in the store room, which has been my room ever since I started living with my aunt.. I finally found the touch and switch it on.

I hed towards the kitchen to get water because my water jug was empty. On getting to the kitchen I started filling the jug but stopped on hearing whispers coming from aunt's room. I kept the jug on the kitchen surface.

I was curious to know where those voices where coming from. So I decided to check. Although I was scared but my curiosity took over.

What are they planning now. I know that they are planning something big.

The last time I heard them whisper was when my aunt tries to sell me for 50 thousand dollars to and old rich man but I was lucky she changed her mind and asked me to sign a document which states that I accept to sell one of my father's property, or I would be sold.

On reaching to her room I squizzed the door knob open as quitely and softly as I can, as I could not afford to be caught in the process. I peeped at them as I began to listen to their conversation.

................................

What the hell is wrong with you Liza. You have been crying since you came back from the club. What is the problem? Aunt Josephine asked glaring at Liza and Sofia who looked frightened.

Speak up you too. Why ain't you saying anything. Jacob said.

Sorry mum, I was Afraid Liza said looking really scared like the world is about to end.

Wow I have never seen them this frightened before. Something serious is definitely going on. Or is she pregnant.

What the hell are you girls afraid of. Go straight to the point. Aunt yelled at them.

Are you girls playing me or what?

No mum this is serious. I invested Romano's 4 million dollars in a motor investment company. A guy named Chris asked me to try my luck, he gave me his card and said that if I could invest my money in their company I would get double the amount before the month ends and I believed him because people there also confirmed it to be true.

What! Aunt Josephine and Jacob yelled in unison.

"What the hell were you thinking"!. Do you know what you have done. She yelled at Liza who looks hurified.

Have you called the so called Chris yet.

Yes mum his phone has been switched off for the past three days. I was supposed to receive the money three days ago but it's switched up. I went to that same company and asked about him but they said they know nothing about Chris or any motor investment.

Have you checked the social media maybe you can talk to him there. asked Sophia.

I only have his number that's all. She said. As she puts her face in her palm.

How could you do this when you know what romano is capable of. Jacob said looking furious and scared at the same time.

Am sorry mum I thought we would get double the amount at the end of the month. But it seems like he is a fruadster. I was fooled.

If someone told me you would do this I would not have believe. What where you thinking. You have put our lives in danger now.

Jacob! Please do something. Talk to him. What if he hurts us. Liza said