Prologue

[Karakura Town]

It was a normal day for Ichigo Kurosaki, fighting Hollows, going to school, hanging out with friends, re-fighting Hollows etc... But no one suspected that this day would be the last as the Substitute Shinigami.

During a fight against a Hollow, Ichigo felt bad, as if he were going to pass out at some point but he decided to ignore those feelings. After beating this Hollow, Rukia went to see him and asked him if he was okay. Ichigo, not wanting to worry his friend was going to tell her that everything was fine but Rukia remarked not to lie to him. "I don't know Rukia. I have this feeling that... I don't know... as if I was going to pass out..." Having barely had time to finish what he was saying, Ichigo felt a huge pain that manifested itself in the form of a heartbeat.

A pillar of blue and black light was beginning to appear around Ichigo and this light would go into the sky and cut the space in half, opening a door of the Dangai to the Soul Society. Because of the pulse of pain felt repeatedly, Ichigo fell on the floor, unconscious while Rukia desperately named his name.

[Ichigo's Mindscape]

Ichigo, who was unconscious, awoke inside his mind where he saw Zangetsu in the distance and Shiro giving his hand to the master of the place to get up. After getting up, he began to speak first. "Hi you two. Say, do you know why I'm here?  I don't remember what happened..." He asked with a confused face. "We're dying." Replied Shiro. "What? Die? But why?!" "Ichigo calm down. We can no longer simply keep your powers low. But don't worry, your soul will be reincarnated in the Soul Society, Ichigo."  Zangetsu answered in a calm manner. "But... Can I at least say goodbye to my family? Asked the redhead. The spiritual beings nodded and Ichigo fell asleep again.

[Kurosaki's Clinic]

Ichigo awoke in a bed, but not the one in his room. The first thing he saw was all his Shinigamis friends. "Ichigo! You're awake!" They cried together, tears in their eyes. Even  Byakuya  had a little tear. Ichigo sat down and stretched before he could speak. "Yeah, I woke up. Guess what. I'm dying, Zangetsu and Shiro told me they can't contain my power under control anymore." Ichigo began to become transparent, cracks formed on his skin. Everyone had noticed it but no one dared to comment. "But there's good news! My soul will be reincarnated in the Soul Society. Where, I don't know, but it's already that eh?" He asked while crying like a fountain. "I... I don't want to die. I didn't confess my feelings to the person I love and here I am at the gates of death!" He continued, sniffing. Fragments of his body began to recede from their place and rose above Ichigo before breaking like glass. "But... don't worry, it's just a goodbye as they say. See you at the Soul Society, right guys?" He asked with a big smile while crying. Isshin, who had listened to the conversation from the beginning, decided to enter the room and ask everyone to leave, to avoid making the goodbye more difficult.

After everyone left, the only ones here were Ichigo and Hisagi, who had tears in his eyes. "I... I think I should leave too." He said, beginning to turn his back on the redhead, but he had grabbed his wrist and asked him to sit next to him. "I have one last thing to tell you Hisagi. And I prefer to do it now because I think after my reincarnation, I will have forgotten part of my old life." He confessed with a sad smile. "Can you... Can you give me your hand, please?"  Hisagi looked at him with confusion but still decided to give him his hand. Ichigo, though was almost invisible and almost completely dematerialized, took his hand and placed it on his chest where his heart was beating extremely fast. "The pulse of my heart is going fast, right?" He asked. Hisagi merely nodded, beginning to understand the demand of the redhead. "It's called love. Hisagi Shûhei, have you ever felt that?" He asked again. But Hisagi didn't have time to answer because Ichigo was no longer there. The words, finally crossing Shûhei's spirit made him understand that he too was in love, in love with Ichigo Kurosaki. Tears began to flow again on 69's face as he stands up and walked towards the Dangai's gate. "Yes, I've already felt it..."