"play dates" ~ gabe miller

request for ma_di_son69

"mom, please! i dont want to go!" y/n groaned once again as the three got ready to leave - her and her sister amanda were visiting the miller's household while their mother was working, y/n had visited a few times before but it was always awkward when she has to hang out with their middle child, Gabe.

"c'mon, y/n. you've been round so many times before and you know i have to work" her mother sighed, packing the last few things into her purse and zipping it up. y/n rolled her eyes.

"but it's awkward! i'm not nine anymore, mom!" her mother snapped her head around and smirked, walking over to the shoe cupboard and taking out some ankle boots.

"is it because you have, maybe, a little crush on gabe?" she tilted her head, y/n scoffed and looked away.

"that's-thats not the point, i just don't want to go, okay? and anyway, i'm old enough to stay home by myself!" y/n tried to reason, but her mother shook her head again as she zipped up her boots, grabbing her purse.

"y/n, you are going round the miller's and you are going to enjoy it!" she commanded, y/n rolled her eyes again and stood up heading towards the door with her mother. "amanda, come on! we need to go!"

"coming, mom!" a faint voice called from upstairs, along with some faint footsteps becoming louder as they got closer, soon emerging her sister amanda, wearing a lilac summer dress.

the three of them left the house, rushing down the driveway and hopping in the car. y/n knew that amanda had a little crush on the millers' youngest son, jake. it was all cool and everything until she got her involved in it, making her coming with her to play dates and everything so they could get closer.
yes, she liked seeing her younger sister happy. but does she have to be there for it?

the three of them only lived around the block from the millers, meaning it was a very short drive to their house. and as soon as they got there, amanda was very eager to get inside.

"come on, mom!" she practically ordered as y/n and her mother got out of the car, closing the doors behind them. amanda was already racing up the driveway and was already nocking on the doors when the two got up the drive (y/n taking as much time as she needed) and a few moments later, an older boy greeted them at the door.

"why hello there" the older boy, his name was zach, spoke. y/n rolled her eyes and looked away. "mom, they're here!"

a muffled voice emerged behind zach along the lines of 'let them in' before he moved to the side, opening the door wider and let the three in.

the house was messy to say the least, but y/n couldn't be surprised knowing the three boys that lived there. many paintings were hung (family and just random artwork) randomly on the walls, some rugs and pillows scattered along the couch which a young boy, also known as jake, was patiently sat on.