Chapter 1

"Winner!" I shout, throwing my arms above my head in victory. Louis and Harry race in the room directly behind me, panting like dogs. I point to them, smirking. "Losers!"

"You cheated!" Louis glares at me, resting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"Don't be a sore loser!" I place my hands on my hips.

"I'm not being a sore loser. You had Liam hold us back. That's cheating." Louis glares at me.

"You didn't say there were any rules. I played fair and square." I jump on the king sized bed in the room. "I don't know why you are still in my room when you can still have the second biggest." I swing my legs over the edge.

Louis and Harry glance at each other before rushing out of my room. I laugh at them when they both get stuck in the doorway. Harry squeezes out first, running down the hallway to the second biggest room. They may not get this room, but they can try to get that room.

The boys, Charlotte, and I decided that we were all going to rent a log cabin in North Carolina for a month. Technically, the cabin belongs to a resort, but the cabins are spread apart on the property. I had promised Louis that I would help him get Carter back, and this is a great way to do so. If it wasn't for Carter's friend, Riley, then there is a good chance that she would be coming to join us. I'm pretty sure my plan will work. Louis and Carter will be in the same cabin for a month. Something is bound to happen.

Liam stumbles in the room, carrying all of my luggage. I jump off of the bed to help him out. I may or may not have brought six suitcases with me. What can I say? I like clothes. We will be gone for a month. Who knows what I will need. All of us agreed on not leaving the resort unless we absolutely have to.

"How much did you pack?" Liam drops my bags on the bed.

"I'm a girl. I need a lot of things." I giggle, shrugging.

"That's exactly what Charlotte said." Liam mentions, shaking his head. "I see that you got the biggest room." Liam looks around the room.

"Louis and Harry weren't that happy about it." I tell him, laughing.

Liam wraps his arms around my waist, loosely. "It's a good thing you are my girlfriend. I get to share this room with you." He leans down.

I pull back, smirking. "Who says I'm sharing?"

"Well, unless you want to share with someone else. Every room has two people in it, so I guess you share a bed with someone else." Liam starts to head for the door.

I wrap my hands around his arm. "I guess you will have to do." I grin at him.

"Lucky me." Liam leans down to kiss me.

"Carter is here!" Harry shouts from down the hallway, interrupting our almost kiss.

Liam sighs, pressing his forehead to mine. "We always get interrupted."

I intertwine my fingers with Liam's. "C'mon. I want to meet Carter." I drag him out of the room and downstairs.

Niall races past us with a bag of cookies in his hands. Why am I not surprised that he has already found the food? I have a feeling that Niall will consider getting more food to be an emergency to leave.

A taxi is pulled up to the house with a girl climbing out. The taxi driver runs to the back of the car and pulls her bags out. Niall and Harry rush to the girl, attacking her in a hug. She stumbles backwards from the force. Carter looks exactly as the pictures Louis showed me except her hair is a little bit longer.

"Where's Louis?" I search the yard for the crazy blue eyed boy. Liam avoids making eye contact with me. "He's hiding, isn't he?"

Liam sighs, proving that I guessed correctly. I spin on my heel and march back into the cabin. Why is Louis hiding? He knows I'm doing this to help him. I storm upstairs to find Louis, pacing his bedroom.