Copacabana Transmedia Extension

At the Copacabana, events similar to the song happen every 30 years ever since it opened. Dozens of stories just like Lola and Tony's happened at the Copacabana and continue to happen still. Legend has it that the Copacabana is possessed by a being born in the spirit world that causes the events to keep cycling and will not let the victims who died there rest in peace unless they go back into the lives people involved with the one that has died at their time of death. Unable to forgive their killers and unable to leave their lovers, the spirits are unable to find peace until their killer feels their pain and until their lover finds them in the spirit world, thus causing the spirits to posses the minds of both making them go completely insane until the day they die.

  The unrested spirit of Tony has caused Rico to become a heroin addict being that it has been the only way Rico knew how to deal with the overwhelming insanity in his head. Already having been an infamous thief, believing he can take what ever he wants, he was inevitably gunned down 20 years later in a drug deal gone wrong after trying to steal from an unknown heroin dealer. With Rico out of the way, all Tony wants now is to find find true love even after death and can not find eternal peace until he is able to rekindle his relationship with Lola.

  Lola, nearly at her breaking point trying to find her own peace of mind, has come back to the Copacabana after 30 years in search of finding closure, but only ends up reliving the events of her past after seeing it happen again right before her eyes shortly after setting foot back in the Copacabana. More desperate than ever to put an end to her crippling misery, grief, and insanity, she begins drinking heavily at the bar, even though her mind is already made up about what she's going to do about it now. After leaving the cabana extremely drunk, she goes to the train station she took to get there and waits for the train. She stands by the track and watches as the train gets closer and closer until she's almost blinded by the lights and then she just closes her eyes and falls forward right in front of the oncoming train. When she opens her eyes again she sees her beloved Tony standing right in front of her and they live happily ever after in the cosmos of spirits, and the cycle continues at the Copacabana.