Chapter 7

(A/n): I appreciate the patience you guys offered me, I didn't plan on taking such a long break but I promise the groove is slowly growing back.

Word Count: 4852

---

"Thanks, Terence."

A nod. A step forward.

"Thank you, Mr. Terence."

"No problem." Another nod. Another step forward.

"Here you are, Silvermist."

"Thank you, Terence." Silvermist held her nose shut as the dust fell over her in a smooth wave, her voice quite nasally as she spoke.

"I hope Tinkerbell is okay," She pointed out about the fairy with an empathetic note. A small sneeze escaped her as her eyebrows furrowed in concern for the tinker fairy. Silvermist sneezed lightly once more before wandering over to the group waiting for her.

"I know. That poor little sappling. She looked pretty wilted yesterday." Rosetta voiced in agreement, sympathetic and kind with her warm-hearted accent. Terence came up to her, hand holding high as he kindly questioned if she was ready for her refill.

Rosetta stepped to the front of the line, halting Terence in his attempt to sprinkle dust over her head with a quick hand movement.

"Hold on, hun." She said noncommittally, fluffing her hair good-naturedly.

She shuffled around for a second, searching through each of her pockets before violently whipping out a small powder puff, pink and fluffy- might I add- that seemingly materialized from the abyss. We all smiled at her in amusement watching as she waved with a beckoning motion.

"Okay, love, go ahead." And with that she waited patiently, allowing Terence to give her a wry smile before letting the dust cascade. Rosetta puffed herself on the cheeks as it fell.

She blew him a kiss- to my slight bout of envy- making all of us laugh good-heartedly before she moved on to the side where the rest of the girls were waiting by the pixie dust basin.

I moved up to the front of the line, walking over to Terence's little station, glancing over at the girls as they stood around, waiting patiently for the rest of us to finish with our fill-up.

It was a normal sight, one that happened routinely every two weeks or so; this time, however, was just slightly off. Instead of the patient group of fairies that I would normally call my friends, all I saw was a flurry of frantic hands and a series of volatile thumbs-ups.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, barely registering Fawn aggressively pointing at Terence and Iridessa's large hearts shaped with her hands.

"Oh."

I saw movement from my peripheral and the sharp movements froze in their path along with my own body.

"Ready?"

I turned to the blond next to me and the corners of my mouth turned up ever-so-slightly, "for you? Always." I suggested subtly, enjoying the small shade of pink that grew at the tip of his ears, internally laughing at his slight befuddling. "Anyways, grace me with your luxurious dust, my good sir." I teased, not expecting him to reciprocate.

"It would be my honor, your highness." Grabbing my hand and softly kissing the back of it. I tried to shake off the sudden set of shrieks and wolf whistles coming from behind him with a cheeky smile. However, when Terence turned around to gather dust I made sure to reciprocate their gesticulations of encouragement for a nice chilling glare. Iridessa offered a small shiver.

Coughing into my hand I turned back to Terence, letting the girls go on with their conversation, and gave him a reassuring thumbs-up, him returning the gesture with a playful wink.