Chapter 5

"Mum do I have to go to school today?" I asked while sitting down to eat my breakfast, which was toast with lots of butter. My favourite thing to have in the mornings.

"Kensi, you know we need you to improve your grades." She sighed, " Spending time off school won't do anything to help that now will it?" I really am trying my hardest to improve my grades but my anger just gets in the way and it becomes.....complicated.

"Mum I really am trying and besides I don't feel well." I wonder if I tell her about my burning skin she will have the decency to keep me off school.

"Well tell me what's wrong that can restrict you from going to school?" She sat down in the other kitchen stool and sat down across from me at the kitchen island.

"My skin everyday, every moment I feel like its on fire. My hallucinations, pains in my heads, anger and guilt. It won't stop and I try to focus at school I really do but it hurts even more and when I snap at someone, I want to attack them...but then I stop and think its not their fault." I sighed, "Why make them suffer? The worst part that hurts the most is guilt and regret." I took in a breath.

I knew my Mum understood what I was going through because I saw a flash of understanding in her eyes.

But like always I'm blocked out.

"That's quite a lot huh?" She rolled her eyes, "I suppose a day off won't be that bad but don't you have April's party tonight?" I can't believe I forgot my best friends house party.

Her parents moved in to a large house like ours and everyone has been invited to have a party with her. I so much need my besto right now.

"I completely forgot Mum, where is he?" I don't really talk to my dad so when I talk about him to other people I just say his name or 'he'.

"You mean your father dear?" She raised her eyebrows and slanted her head forward.

"Yeah" I replied back simply, ignoring the dagger from her.

"He went to the hardware store earlier this morning." I nodded my head and wondered why the hell would he be at a hardware store?

He doesn't do anything other than typing into a laptop or signing contracts because he is "high up in the business".

My mum pulled a batch of cookies out of the oven and I knew those were her special ones. No one but her could go near them, my father always insisted but that wasn't going to stop me now.

I couldn't care less, if I wanted a cookie, I'll have a cookie!

"Honey, I need to go and pick up some groceries, watch what your doing and your dad will be home in a hour ok?" I turned to look at her as she put her coat on and grabbed the keys to her car.

"Ok!" I shouted back as she closed the door behind her. I waited until I heard her car drive off in the distance before taking a chance with those cookies.

Done....she's gone.

Getting off my seat, I looked around me to make sure no one was there to witness me going all Cookie Monster. I grabbed one from the plate when I thought it was all clear for me to do so and the smell began to make my mouth water. It smelt truly awesome!

I placed the cookie on my lips and took a bite and the taste began to make me.....choke.

I felt like I was being restricted from breathing, like my windpipe was being crunched. I dropped to the floor like a pile of bricks and grasped my stomach. Those cookies must be poisonous, that really does hurt!

I let out low groans as my lungs burned for air. I should have took my fathers advice.

After taking that cookie twenty minutes ago, I couldn't help but feel weak and tired. What was in those? It was horrible....I thought I was going to die of suffocation!

I walked down the hallway and into my fathers office, which I am not allowed access to at anytime. It's currently off bounds but guess what?

That's right, I don't care.

I looked behind me and turned the handle open to go inside. The floor was dark with a large projector in the middle projecting a video onto a white board. What's the video I thought, while pressing the play button and putting it on the lowest volume.

I felt like a child playing hide and seek so the fear of being caught crept up on me as I watched the video.

It opened with a girl screaming and chains attached to her. Her bones were.....breaking and she was becoming more and more like a wolf?

She was screaming in pain and drinking a water bottle, which made her choke and her eyes turn orange. Wait....was that Mum?

She turned into a....wolf?

I thought I was hallucinating when her eyes turned orange the first time but she does it in this video too, was she really a wolf?

It really is making me scared, she looks like a monster!

"Louis, I'm busy call me back later on the office phone....bye!" I heard my father say, while I heard his footprints get closer to the office door.

I turned of the projector so it was like it was when I first came in and ran to hide under his large desk which has a gap between the back of the desk and a cabinet in front of it.

Squashing myself into the gap, I curled up into a ball and became scared to even take a breath.

He sat down on his chair at his desk and wheeled in leaving his foot sixty centimetres from mine, this really wasn't good. I guess I could go on twitter and ask for someone's help since I had no credit, right?

Yeah that's what I will do.

______________________

A/N

EDITED

Thank you so much for reading my story it means so much!

Of you want your story read just comment and I will return the favour :D

Remember to vote and comment!

Thank you!

:D

_____________________