Chapter 2

Claire's P.O.V.

Time: 6:06 p.m.

"Dinner," I hear Isabelle yell from downstairs. Perfect timing. I just finished unpacking.

I go to the door and walk out, to look at my room and see what it would like if I were walking into it. Honestly, it looks amazing. The room is decently sized, and certainly not to big. Isabelle had asked whether I'd rather have a small room or big room. Obviously, I said semi-small.

The room is perfect. I can't believe I was able to pull this off. I had the vision in my head, but I wasn't sure it would work.

The rooms theme is white mainly. There's fairy lights and throw pillows, along with a picture wall on the wall next to my bed. There's tons of pictures with my family and with my friends, and the boys that I used to hang out with.

My favorite part of it is the pictures of me and Ruby.

Ruby died 4 months ago in a car accident. We were on the way home from the homecoming dance, and we were driving. We were driving down a road and a car came at us head first. The person was drunk. The crash killed Ruby. It only broke my arm. Badly, but that's all. It's unfair. And that's why I'll never drink.

"Claire?" someone asks, snapping me out of my daze. "Are you okay?" I turn around and see Mason standing there. I hold up the picture. His eyebrows raise and he sighs.

Ruby was Masons girlfriend at the time. That was also one of the only times I've ever seen him cry.

"It's okay," he assures, opening his arms to hug me.

"I know. Just caught me off guard. It happened earlier when I put the picture up."

"Just try not to think about it to much, Claire." He pauses for a moment. "I like your room. It suits you." He lets me go, and I smile.

"Thanks. Let's go eat. I'm starving." He chuckles and leads me down the stairs, into the kitchen. "How'd you remember how to get here? I've gotten lost already."

"It's not that hard."

"Whatever."

We enter the kitchen and 2 boys immediately stare at me.

"Who is she?" A boy asks. Bronnor gives them a look. I thought I was the talk of the house?

"I'm Claire," I say and give a small wave. I notice that Mason has already sat down. He must have met them earlier. Another walks up to me.

"Nice to meet you," he starts and give me a charming smile as if he's hitting on me. "Claire. I'm Laken," he says and clicks his tongue. I give him a look, and he stops smiling then backs away.

"Jesus, what is it with you boys hitting on me?" I ask.

"Boys? As in plural. Who else hit on you?" He asks. I look at Connor to answer him and Laken gets a huge grin on his face. He walks over to Connor and fist bumps him. "Nice job little guy." He puts a hand on his head ruffles his hair.

"Y'all are insane."

"No doubt about it," Laken says then smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Take a seat anywhere ," Isabelle tells me.

"Okay." I take a seat at the bench. "This looks good. Thanks for making dinner." I smile.

"No problem, honey!" she gushes. "Finally there's someone in this house who has manners," she mumbles.

"Kiss-ass," Laken mutters. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not a kiss-ass. Isn't it normal to say thank you?"