Chapter 2: Blood Red Leaves

Unknown region
Unknown location
Unknown date
Unknown time
William (Wallace) Pierce
Edward (Nail) Reynolds
Richard (Phoenix) McMillan: KIA
Toby (Ratchet) Rhodes: KIA
Unknown BEAR pmc #1
Unknown BEAR pmc #2

3rd Person POV

The fire was gently burning in the center of the glade. Some sticks and stones, gathered from the surrounding woods were enough to ignite and sustain the only source of heat the 4 people had for the night. For the past couple of hours no words had been said at all. Complete silence had filled the clearing, as the 4 were staring each other down. It seemed, as if they were not men, but jackals ready to bite at each other's throat at a moment of weakness. Suddenly, one rose up alarming the other three and making them hold their guns even tighter. He threw his hands in the air, calming the bunch and to show he'd meant no hostility.

Headshot: "Uhm..." the man looked around him thinking of what to say "My name is George."

The man's accent was savage and firm, yet understandable enough for everyone to get the point. Problem was, the guy spoke like English was as close of a subject to him, as the Sun itself. The soldier then put his hands back down and threw one of them towards his new allies, as if he wanted to give them a proper handshake.

Headshot: "What is... uh... your name?"

Another pair of hands reached for the dark sky, from where the shattered moon shone upon our four heroes. This pair of hands belonged to William Pierce.

William: "Bloody finally!" he said loudly. "We're having actual introductions! I was beginning to think you lot became mute the second we started that parley."

William shook the man's hand, ignoring the disappointed gaze of Edward, who still didn't trust the Russians enough to take a finger of the trigger of his trusty handgun. William threw a quick glance at the 'headshot's' ally. The man was completely relaxed, casually lighting a cigarette using the a burning end of a stick, which he grabbed from the campfire.

William: "William Pierce, pleasure to meet you."

George: "You too. I mean, pleasure to meet you too... yeah... This guy here," he pointed at the other BEAR currently residing near the fire place and having a smoke break. "is Daniel."

Daniel waved at them with his cigarette before exhaling a grey cloud of smoke. Both William and George set down back to their places, still unsure of what to say.

William: "So... any ideas where we might be."

Daniel: "Well, it surely ain't Tarkov." he said exhaling another fat cloud. It was clear to everyone that Daniel spoke english way better than George, still his accent was very Russian-esque. "Those trees don't look that Russian to me."

Edward: "How do you know?"

The two looked at the source of the voice. Edward was still the only one who hadn't taken off his helmet. Edward threw a glare at Daniel, which didn't bother him at all, but managed to put a smile on George's face below the balaclava.

Daniel: "We don't really have trees like these in Russia."

Edward: "Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's autumn?"

George: "He's correct, no trees like these in Russia. That would be Japanese... I mean, the Japanese have trees like these, not Russians."

Daniel: "Well, this and that..." the man pointed at the shattered moon, shedding its silver light upon the group.

William: "I dinnae know how to argue with that..."

Everyone looked at the moon for a while.

William: "How did you do that, by the way?"