🍪 Cookies 🍪

Author: GaLexie#6738 (Wattpad: LastLexie)
Drew x Zander

Light poured through the blinds in a evening summer haze. It reflected off the sleek, modern counter tops and cabinets sorted around the decently large kitchen. A sweet but subtle scent wafted through the air.

Drew picked up a fresh chocolate chip cookie from a plate resting on the counter. He observed it for a moment before taking a bite. It wasn't too sweet, and the flavors seemed to harmonize with one another. The cookie itself wasn't under or overcooked, and it tasted amazing.

"Hm... these turned out better than I thought they would."

A scoff came out from someone sitting to his left. "What, you think they wouldn't come out good?"

Drew let out a sigh. "No, it's just... never mind."

Zander rolled his eyes as Drew took another bite. It was quiet, until suddenly Drew felt his own hand being pushed into his face. The perfectly good half-eaten cookie fell out of his grasp to the floor with a depressing thump.

Drew looked down at where the cookie had landed, and shot a glare over at the person next to him. Zander ignored his stare before casually picking up a cookie from the plate with his left hand. "That's for implying I was a bad baker." he said nonchalantly, looking him in the eye.

Zander then turned back to his cookie, taking a bite. Drew glanced back at the sad cookie sitting on the floor, and glanced back at him. Then, he shoved the cookie Zander was holding into his own face, and that cookie also fell to the floor.

Zander quickly turned to look at him, his face quickly turning from surprise to annoyance.

"Fine. No more cookies for you then." he said with a 'hmph' and moved his stool over, taking the cookies along with him. He was about to reach for another one when Drew also moved over his stool next to his, making a groan as it moved against the floor.

Zander turned his back to him, holding the plate close to his chest. Leaning over, Drew tried reaching over his shoulder to grab a cookie, but Zander used his right arm to try and jab him away.

"Give them-"

Suddenly, a strange sensation came over Drew as the chair slid from underneath him, and he fell to the tiled floor.

Zander quickly set the cookies back on the counter and turned around in his stool.

"Are you-"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Drew said with a groan as he stood up from the tile, his left shoulder being a bit sore from the impact.

He took his stool and set it down on Zander's left, so now the plate of cookies was in front of him. He protectively held the plate of cookies in his two hands, and looked over at Zander, almost daring him to try and take the cookies again.

Zander narrowed his eyes at him, and lifted up a cookie he was able to grab from the plate beforehand. Just before he was about to eat it whole, Drew grabbed his wrist and ate the cookie himself.

Zander stiffened from the sudden contact, and a barely visible red brushed against his face before subsiding. He shot daggers at Drew, who had taken the cookie out of his hand and was now happily eating the rest of it.

Setting his now empty left hand against the cool countertop, he held his wrist lightly in his own, furrowing his brow as the red came back.

This stupid feeling. It came and went at random times, always catching him by surprise. He always tried and pretended it didn't exist, but it always came back to bother him.

Finishing the cookie, Drew glanced over at Zander, who had a frustrated and flustered look on his face. He grinned, then to push his buttons even more, took his wrist more gently this time, and quickly moved Zander's hand in front of his face, leaning over as if he was about to kiss his hand.

Zander quickly looked over at him in surprise, and Drew expected him to snatch his hand away or get hit on the arm.

But instead, Zander looked at him for a few moments before lightly taking his right hand and removing Drew's hand from his wrist, then lifting that hand up close to his face. He stared right into Drew's eyes for a beat longer before gently placing his own lips against the knuckles on his hand.

Drew almost flinched from the soft touch, but suddenly the only thing he could feel was a warm sensation on his hand and face. The moment seemed to last forever but disappeared in a heartbeat as Zander set his hand back down, the feeling of his hand slipping away sending a strange chill down Drew's spine.

Zander then looked over at him with a soft expression before sliding off the stool and walking over to the open doorway.

Drew quickly sat back forward as he sat there wondering what had just happened, his face flushed.

He glanced back down at the space on the counter right in front of him before noticing the plate was gone.

Quickly looking back over his shoulder, he saw Zander proudly walking away with the cookies before disappearing around the corner.

Realizing what he had just done, Drew almost fell out of the stool again, running out of the kitchen.

"ZANDER, GET BACK HERE-"

Stumbling out, the kitchen became silent, as the two cookies that fell were still left on the ground, untouched.