Prologue

*1995*
Genevieve was walking around Hollywood with her boyfriend Luke a Saturday evening.
"I can't believe we're playing at The Orpheum in a week!" Luke said. He was in a band called Sunset Curve and they booked their biggest gig so far. Playing at the Orpheum was a huge deal. "I can't count how many people playing here and ending up huge afterwards!" She smiled wide at his excitement. They stood outside of the Orpheum where the board said "Sunset Curve - SOLD OUT".

Gen's smile weakened. She had something to tell him, but she didn't know how.

"What's wrong?" Luke had noticed.
"I've got something to tell you." She took a deep breath. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

"My dad got relocated. We're moving to New York." Luke looked confused. "When?" Tears started running down their cheeks. "Tomorrow morning." He looked disappointed

"Oh.. So... that means..?" Gen looked up from the ground. "I'm so sorry. I really wanted to be there, but I..." Luke gave her a big, warm hug. "What does this mean for us?" I took a deep breath. "I don't know"

———the day after———

I looked out of the window of the car thinking about last night. I regret not telling him earlier han the night before. Maybe stuff would be easier that way.

I looked down at my Walkman. I was listening to "Now or Never" by Sunset Curve. Tears kept falling down my cheeks. Hearing his voice through my headphones made me remember all the good things.

Every rehearsal I got to enjoy with the boys and every street dog that surprisingly hasn't killed us despite the fact that they were served in the hood of an old car. Every concert and every song.

Thinking about these things made me cry even more. I wish things didn't go down the way they did. I wish my dad never got relocated. I wish I was back home in LA. I rested my head at the headrest and closed my eyes. I heard some cars honking and my parents screaming. I woke up and turned my head to the left and saw a truck coming straight to me. I closed my eyes.

The last thing I remember was a crash and a bright light...