No Hesitation

Demetria's P.O.V.:

The gray fog around me continues to block the area around me. Damian's figure lays on the ground, struggling to lift his head.

Staring down at my brother, I find his pained face looking back up at me. "What the hell was that?" My attention slowly moves away from Damian, looking around us seeing nothing but gray smoke, yet hearing all but nothing.

"Don't know," he groans, his head falling back onto the ground. His eyes still open, yet his body fatigued.

Turning my head, I stare at the deceased robot. A smirk finds its way back onto my face, remembering and feeling the adrenaline I felt during the dismantling. My smirk widens, turning into a smile. I snap my head behind me, eyes widening in what feels like fear, confusion, or perhaps excitement? But whatever it is, it's flowing through me.

My body begins to make its way into the smoke, feeling like it's being pulled in quickly. My steps quicken, moving from a slow walk to a full-on sprint.

I run straight into the smoke, my vision completely obstructed by the gas. Turning my head in all directions, I begin to hear numerous footsteps getting louder, shortness of breath becoming apparent. The sounds of soft grunts and metal clashing fill the area around me but somehow isn't overwhelming. Numerous sounds happen at once, but precise locations are detected.

A pair of light footsteps falter my way as if the person is trying to find their balance. Without hesitation, my arm reaches out into the direction, fingers stiffened, making contact with a body. My fingers hit the body, hitting the poor soul in the middle of their spine. Penetrating their pressure point, taking everything away from them in an instant. They just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong person.

I turn my head, watching as one of the assassins under Grandfather's control falls at my feet, immobilized and lifeless. Before I could even process anything that's happening, my ears perk up at the sound of another pair of footsteps behind me. In an instant, my body quickly turns around at the same time the figure jumps out of the smoke, revealing another assassin with a katana.

As my body turns with the assassin jumping straight at me with the weapon, I twist my body, avoiding the path of death. I grab the assassin's arm with my left hand, steal their katana with my right, and pull them in with a jolt. Jolting towards me, without hesitation, the clean katana soon dresses with the head of an assassin.

Red liquid spurts out of the person's neck, decorating the area with their liquids. Releasing their arm, they stand there, lifeless and limp, the only thing holding them up is the katana lodged into their neck.

"Fascinating," I whisper, a mischievous, sinister smirk finding itself on my face as the blood slowly drips down my face. In an instant, I swing the sword to the side, watching as it cuts through the assassin's neck, the blood spurting everywhere, the body falling next to their fallen comrade, a pool of red forming beneath me. Three isn't enough.

The want and need continue to course through my veins, taking over my mind and body. No plan, no break, no thoughts, just actions.

I find myself running mindlessly running through the smoke, running closer to the sounds of breathing and footsteps. Without hesitation, I jump straight, headfirst into the breathing entity—katana and intent to kill out. Penetrating the entity, I find three others with them. Instantly down to zero in the blink of an eye. Each of their bodies lay in a pool of blood different. They're either down whole, halves, or pieces.

As I was taking each of the bodies down, I couldn't help but notice another body with them. A man in a black and blue suit holding escrima sticks—Nightwing. Confusion and horror find themselves planted on his face as he quickly realizes the lack of opponents. Before he could notice me, I jump back into the smoke, away from his field of vision, leaving him with the bodies and thoughts.