Five Years Later

News quickly reached the Benbow Inn that a pirate ship, laden with gold and jewels, had docked in a nearby port and that the captain was asking for Jim Hawkins. Jim had left as soon as he heard, racing to the port on his solar surfer. He didn't allow his mind to think about whether it was both of the Silvers, or only one, or if it was even them at all. He reached the dock, where a whole crowd of people had gathered to see the glorious ship that just screamed wealth.
He pushed his way through the crowd, desperate to catch a glimpse of the captain, his heart thudding in his chest. He finally burst to the front, spotting the gangplank and the figure descending from it. Unlike her ship, she was dressed simply, save for the silver locket gleaming at her throat. Jim froze as he stared up at her; her silky golden hair was past her waist, and her face, which he had thought was beautiful before, was simply glorious now, and a gentle hope shone from her expression.
The pirate queen's eyes roamed the crowd, her heartbeat thudding in her chest as she hoped desperately that the one face she most desired to see would be there, that he hadn't forgotten her. Then her eyes landed on the young man at the front of the crowd, frozen in awe as he stared at her.
His hair was a little longer, but still buzzed short underneath, and there was a light shadow of a beard along his jaw. His eyes, his wonderful, wide blue eyes were just the same as ever as they gazed up at her. In this moment, seeing him here, knowing that he hadn't forgotten her as she'd feared, she felt happier than she had in all her days as a pirate queen. Had it really only been five years away? It had felt like a lifetime spent contentedly with her father, but apart from the other half of her soul.
A cry of joy burst from her as she ran down the gangplank, her eyes burning with tears as she threw herself into Jim's arms. He took her face in his hands and kissed her, deeper and sweeter than ever before. The crowd cheered at the reunion of a happy couple, but as far as Selina was concerned at the moment, she and Jim were the only two people in the world.
"You waited," she breathed when the kiss ended.
"I would have waited a lifetime for you," he told her, and pulled her close to him, burying his face in her hair. They stood there in each other's embrace until the onlookers had gotten bored and wandered off. When they finally pulled apart, she escorted him to her cabin and told him why she'd come.
John Silver had died the way he'd lived in the years she'd spent with him: full of joy. Wounded in battle, his last moments had been on the deck of his ship with his daughter, peacefully looking up at the solar system all around them. His wish had been fulfilled. Selina was a pirate queen to be feared by all other pirates, as much of a legend as Captain Flint. She only ever raided enemy pirate ships and got so much gold from her conquests, she would frequently visit impoverished planets and be able to give them whatever they needed and still keep enough treasure for herself to live comfortably for the rest of her days.
"I've started a legacy here," she told Jim proudly as they sat at a table in her cabin. "I have a crew of good pirates, good men that I can trust, and they will continue the story that I've begun without me."
Jim's eyes widened, and Selina caught a glimpse of the child he'd once been. "Does that mean...?"
She nodded, smiling ear to ear as he leaped up, swept her off her feet and kissed her again and again.