17.

S A H A R A

Everyone stared and whispered amongst themselves. The sun glasses shielded me from their gazes. When I got to the elevator which was thankfully empty I took my glasses off. Deja Vu was inevitable, I felt like this happened before.

I put my glasses back on and exited the elevator. A blonde man approached me with a broad smile.

“Good evening Miss… may I help you anyway?” He asked holding his binder to his body.

“Actually yes. Can you show me to Miss Lin’s office.” He smiled and motioned her forward. The man walked with a smile ignoring the looks. He must be new. His Hawaiian shirt brought a smile to my face.

“Here you are. My name is Danny; I am Miss Lin’s assistant hopefully I can see you around Miss…” he was showing off his dimples looking expectantly at me. Cute.

“Sahara West. Thanks for the help.” I left him open mouth as I entered the office closing it behind me.

Sahara? Sahara. What are you doing here? How are you?” The beautiful woman moved to give me a hug.

“I am here to get back to work. This is my company after all.” I laughed.

“I am doing good; you would know this if you visited more than once since I woke up from the accident.” I moved to her desk siting down setting my bag and glasses on the table. She moved around siting at her desk.

“Believe me I wanted to but it has been very busy here. We have been preparing for the winter fashion line, we were able to get a partnership with Fent-y. The brand is highly reputable but hard to please.” She sighed rubbing her eyes.

“Well you don’t have to stress yourself, I am back. I will take care of everything. I need you to schedule a meeting with the staff for next week Monday. I will be officially resume my duties with your help of course.”

“Are you sure about this Sahara? You need to recover.”

“Positive. I am doing very well, don’t worry. Please email me the designs for the line too. I am going to my office and then I will be going home. I will see you Monday bright-eyed and bushy tailed.” I moved to the door with my purse and glasses.

The whole encounter was so weird. We were friends but I couldn’t remember anything, a part of me was angry that she didn’t tell me that Jerome and I weren’t together.

According to Knox all people involve were trustworthy but a part of me distrusted them. The fact that I couldn’t just openly ask her was also bothering me. my meetings with Knox were supposedly supposed to stay a secret for the plan.

I was at my office looking over files and anything to show the kind of person I was. It was time for me to head home to but I was dreading it. How was I going to tell my son that we were moving out of Jeromes home. The liar was able to get into both our hearts.

*****
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow and Share.

Writers block is a struggle. Normally words just flow but dayummmmm these days its a struggle. Do you guys have any valentines day plans?