Chapter 4 I Easton

Dakota Miller POV:

"Dakota," my mother yelled from downstairs, "You're gonna be late!" 

"I know," I yell coming down the stairs for some breakfast. 

"Thanks mom," I say looking at the plate with eggs,bacon,toast, and fruit. 

"Your welcome, now start getting ready you have to leave in 30 minutes," she says rolling her eyes knowing how long I take. As I made it back to my room I grabbed my clothes for the day and went to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. After I was done I grabbed my backpack put my computer in it and left for the day. 

"Love you," I yelled back to my mom

"Love you too," she yelled back muffled

__...__...🎀...__...__

First period was always boring, Mrs. Ames dragged out every topic and made every assignment an essay. Not to mention there was only one other smart kid in the class so she graded terribly. When we were getting our papers back she gave a shocked face looking between two papers. She set the first one on a desk of a boy in front of me and whispered. 

"You've got some competition now Easton," with a smirk. Easton's eyes followed the teacher seeing who the other paper belonged too til she stopped beside me placing it down. 

"Good job," she says before walking away. I look up to see my eyes locking with Easton's he had a almost mad look on his face as he turned back around. 'It's just a grade' I thought to myself as I sat there for the remainder of the period. 

As we began to leave an arm caught mine. I looked up to see Easton. I had never really looked at him before even though he's kind of cute. The way brown curls are messy, or his green eyes, maybe he is cute.

"What did you get on your paper," he said sharply

"A 98%," I say unfolding it and showing him the big red grade. Instead of saying anything he just walked out of the classroom. 

"Okay," I mutter to yourself walking to your next class. 

__...__...🎀...__...__

"Hey Char," I say while picking at your lunch. 

"Hi Dakota," she says turning to you and moving to sit by you at their table. As you guys small talked you remembered the boy in first period. 

"Do you know an Easton,"I say wanting to know about the boy in first period.

"Yea Easton Turner, he's the captain of the football team and insanely smart apparently," she said following up with "Why?" 

"Oh, just cause in first period he might have got a little mad at me because of a good grade," I say confused

"Maybe sounds like him," she laughs out "He thinks he's the only one who can be smart."

"Really," I say confused "Why?"

"Some thing about going to college, records, etc." she says in an annoyed voice. As we continued talking through out lunch Easton stayed in the back of my mind. 

  __...__...🎀...__...__

Char🤍

Char: wanna go to a party with me tonight it's at my dads work?