Just You Wait - Evan "Buck" Buckley

"You know you don't have to come with us if you don't want to" Buck smiled at me as I grabbed my stuff.

"I know, but I want to" I placed my hand on his arm with a smile.

We had decided to take Christopher out for the day. It was a great idea really, it would be a help for all of us.

"Are you excited?" I asked Christopher slightly turning from the front seat to face him.

"Very" he smiled widely.

"That was a great idea you had there babe" I turned back to face the front.

"I mean, it was kind of his idea" Buck smiled over at me.

"That's what I meant, it was a great idea you had letting him choose that he wanted to go to the pier" I giggled.

He chuckled softly before dropping his hand to rest on my thigh as he drove. I lifted my head offering him a slight smile as he shot me a quick smile before turning his eyes back to the road.

When we got to the pier we decided to let Christopher dictate what he wanted to do and follow along with it. After a few games he settled into one he was determined to win.

I gave him what he needed and stepped to the side to let him do his thing and give him some space.

"You're great with him" Buck slipped his arm around my waist pulling me to him.

"Me? You're the one that's great with him, he adores you" I laid my head on his shoulder.

"He's a wonderful kid"

"He's not the only one who adores you, you know" I wrapped my arms around his middle, smiling as we watched Christopher play.

"If you don't mean you, this conversation just took a really weird turn" he chuckled.

"Of course it's me, goof" I laughed pulling away from him. "I adore you so much" I kissed him quickly before turning back to Christopher.

Buck watched me with a smile on his face but didn't say anything.

Christopher was finally close to winning his game and when he did, Buck and I cheered and hugged him congratulating him.

"What do you want to do now, buddy?" I asked Christopher.

"Food, please" Christopher smiled.

"Food it is then" Buck ruffled his hair a bit before we were off to find some food.

I knew Buck was still upset by what had happened. Before everything that went down, driving together to work was my favorite part of the day. Seeing his face light up knowing he was doing something he loved. You could see the excitement, the determination in his eyes, now his eyes were only filled with sadness.

"Babe? You ok?" I noticed Buck staring off.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he smiled at me sadly.

"It won't be like this forever" I kissed his shoulder quickly.

"I hope not" he said not looking me in the eye.

"Hey" I brought his face up to look at mine. "It won't, trust me. Before you know it you'll be right back in the uniform with me. Out there kicking some ass like you do best" I rubbed his arm comfortingly.

"I love you, you know that?" He smiled kissing me quickly.

"Good because I love you too" I breathed a laugh.

We had gotten some food...from multiple places because Christopher couldn't decide what he wanted. When we settled in to eat, I made sure Christopher had everything he needed before situating myself.

When I sat back down I noticed Buck smiling at me.

"What?" I giggled situating my food.

"Nothing, you're just cute" he rubbed my back.

"I don't know what I did, but I'll take it" I smiled at him. "You're cute too" I rested my hand on his leg, giving it a slight squeeze before turning back to my food.

"Cute enough to maybe want to marry someday?" He asked quickly.

His words made me stop mid bite and turn slowly to him.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Not like right away, but eventually" he grinned.

"You guys are getting married?" Christopher smiled.

"Well no, not just yet anyways. But hopefully yeah" He looked at me seriously.

"Not anytime soon, but definitely in the future" I smiled at Buck.

"Can I come to the wedding?" Christopher asked excitedly.

"Of course you can, little man" I laughed looking over at Christopher.

"In fact, you'll probably even be in the wedding too" Buck matched Christopher's enthusiasm.

"Really?" Christopher's eyes went wide.

"Really" Buck nodded.

"Better start working on your dance moves" I joked.

"That means you too, Buck" Christopher joked back.

"Ouch, he's calling you out" I giggled turning to Buck.

"Hey, I've already started" Buck laughed.

"I'll still love you anyway" I kissed Buck's cheek, still giggling slightly.

"Just you wait" he mocked a hurt tone.

"We'll wait" I nudged him slightly. "I have to get a ring first you know" I grinned over at him.

"Ahh, that's right" he smiled over at me. "Just you wait babe" he kissed me quickly before turning back to our food.

The day was simple, it was fun, it was full of love.

If I knew then what I knew now I would have savored that very moment, lived in it forever.

I always felt like I was living in a dream when I was with Buck, everything was so perfect. Little did we know the living dream was about to end, and our living nightmare was about to take over.

Requested by: @nasojo13

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️