Mokuhi suru (Keep Silent)

"When did this come in?" Hawks felt his jaw clench as he read the rest of the letter, the handwriting was sloppy, slanted, and smudged across the page... he was upset when he wrote it.
The clerk raised his brows, bottom lip pouting into a frown as he checked the time on his wristwatch. "Around 3 pm I would say. I had lunch right after...I can't remember the exact time I-"
"The man who gave it to you... what did he look like?" Hawks interrupted him, eyes darting side to side now... would he be here? Hiding in the bustling crowds of the lobby? Making sure Hawks received his note?
"Oh, I can't say... just a young man, nothing really special about him that I can recall... I see so many people in a day you know, they all start to blend after a while." He admits sheepishly, cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.
"Hm... and no one's been up to the room since?"
"No not since I've been out here! Security's tight on your place, you know that."
Hawks nodded, a sick feeling washing over his stomach as he folded up the paper and slid it inside the front pocket of his jacket. The clerk had said the man who gave the letter to him didn't have any distinguishable features... Hawks doubted that Dabi was much of a forgettable face. He must have had someone more subtle deliver it for him. Still... the fact that he found him wasn't a comforting thought. Seiko was up there all day, by themselves... Hawks hadn't heard anything from them and-
He gulped, shaking the flash images out of his head and thanking the clerk for all his help. Hawks pulled out his phone, texting Seiko quickly to see if they would answer. 'Hey baby, just got into the lobby I'm headed up, hope you're waiting for me ;)' He tried to keep it light, just like normal.
Hawks would be damned if Seiko found anything out about this... he had the situation under control, he had to keep it under wraps. The bigger he made it the worse it would be, Dabi would attack like a frightened animal. Still, this obsession was putting other people's lives at risk now, but who else could protect Seiko better than he could? Hawks wasn't one to trust others so easily, especially not with the love of his life.
He sighed, stepping into the glass elevator alone and hitting the button for floor twenty. Hawks' eyes flicked up as the doors closed, keeping watch for any suspicious movements... nothing. He pulled the letter out one more time to read it, seeing if there was anything he missed before.

Keigo,

I see you all the time, I wish you could see me too. I know my face may not be as pretty as theirs but they wouldn't take care of you as I would. You need to be taken care of... those small glances, those soft smiles into the flashing cameras. I know it's a lie. It's been so long and this whole time I thought you'd come back to me, but now I see. You've been waiting for me to come to get you. You're trying to escape, you want to run but you can't! You can't because of them! It's been them all along! They're standing in our way! THEY'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN OUR LOVE AND I WON'T LET THEM! Not anymore, no.... I'll burn down the entire city for you Keigo... for us. I'll kill them to set you free.

It won't take long, soon you'll see me too.
Dabi.

Hawks bit down hard on his lip, fist curling around the paper causing it to crumple. Dabi was coming after Seiko, that much was clear... but when? How long was soon? He folded the letter back up, running his fingers through his hair and puffing up the collar on his jacket, the elevator stopping on the correct floor. He had to be normal, he had to be his happy, goofy, cheery self. Hawks just wouldn't let Seiko out of his sight... that's it. That was his plan.
The door dinged open, Hawks stepped out into the foyer of their apartment, half expecting to find Seiko at Dabi's feet, bloody and murdered on the floor. His breaths were shaky as he pushed his steps forward into the living room... his heart began to race in his chest, why was it so quiet? "Seiko?! Baby bird? I'm home!" He glanced around the room... where were they? "Ba-"

 where were they? "Ba-"