06

DISCLAIMER!!  WHENEVER I SAY STILINSKI I MEAN SHERIFF.
NOT EDITED
-----------
Scott woke up to the steady beat of Stilinskis's heart monitor.  As Scott shifted in his seat uncomfortably he noticed he and Malia were the only ones still at the hospital after the last night.  Scott sighed at the memory of last night, it went horribly.

Stiles shows up out of nowhere after presumingly thought to be dead by almost everyone in Beacon Hills, then as Stilinski wakes up he leaves as if he was never there at all?  Scott imagined it going much differently in this head.

Stiles would come home and apologize for his unexpected absence and they would forgive him because they were brothers, and that's what brothers do.  Right?

He must've been completely zoned out because he heard Malia saying his name from a distance like how you would hear someone calling your name to wake you up in the morning.

"Are you ok?"  Malia whispered, careful not to wake up the sleeping Sheriff.

Scott quickly caught on and whispered a quick yeah back before turning back around to glance at the Sheriff.  Malia, of course, didn't believe him.

"You know, Scott, if it's about last night-" Scott let out a sad sigh before looking down at his hands, Malia continued, "If it's about last night, you can talk to me.  I bet we're all feeling a bit of the same things at the moment, everyone's confused-"  Malia was once again cut off by her husband's ranting.

"It's not just that!"  Scott shouted, realizing his tone he shot a quick glance at the Sheriff to make sure his outburst hadn't awakened him, and when he noticed it hadn't he turned back to give Malia an apologetic look, only to receive a confused one in return.  

Scott sighed aloud, even though Malia has spent many years learning to act and be a normal human being again and has learned and became accustomed to it, she never fully learned about human emotions ever since Stiles up and left.  He was her anchor, and even if they were married now and happy, Stiles' absence left a toll on her in ways even Scott couldn't help.

So in situations like these, he learned to ignore it and not take offense to it because she simply just, did not know how to deal with it.  

With that Scott continued in a hushed voice explaining to Malia what he meant, "It's not just that.  He's.. different.  I don't know how to explain it.  I mean I'm so beyond happy he's finally back, but it doesn't feel right or, good.. in a way, and he smells totally different too," Scott rambled a bit, a habit he unconsciously picked up from Stiles after he left, everyone else in the pack noticed but decided against mentioning it, not wanting to reopen old wounds within their alpha.

"No, no.  I know what you mean, I think Lydia noticed it too-"

"Lydia?"  Scott questioned, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "why would Lydia get a feeling?  She's a banshee, doesn't she only get those feelings with death?"  Scott pondered.

Malia sat there for a second just thinking about what Scott just said, "Yeah, you're right.  Huh, then I don't know," Malia looked down thinking what Lydia could've been feeling at that moment.  Shock?  Malia's thoughts were cut short as they heard Stilisnki groan.  

Both Scott and Malia shot up and over Stilinski with concerned expressions.  Scott was the first to speak up.

"Hey, how are you doing?"  Scott asked with his usual happy smile- well before yesterday, of course, Scott didn't know what to feel now.  Happy?  Sad?  Angry?

"As good as I'll ever feel after being shot," Stilinski replied sarcastically.  Scott and Malia both gave him a look as if to say, 'That's not funny.'  Stilinski let out a long sigh and said he felt fine like nothing ever happened with a smile.