Fate and Destiny and Karma and Crap

I was sitting at my desk, turned to my laptop, and crying my eyes out.

My world was dark. It was closing midnight. I couldn't fall asleep, and the storm that was howling outside my window wasn't to blame.

My room has a door. Actually, it has a few doors. The door you walk into. The closet door. And strange door that comes up to my waist. It's white and plain. It was probably used to block off a plumbing mishap. But no one told me not to open the door, and I need something to take my mind off of life. So I opened the door.

At first, all I saw was a dark, dank tunnel. It smelt of must and kept going horizontally. I stuck my head down. It was unnaturally humid in there, and it diverged to the right about three feet in. There was nothing ahead of me. A should take a fork in the road.

Now, I know what you're thinking- Really, a tunnel? Eww. Cliches. So, please, shut up. Shut your brain down. Relax. Have some tea. I'm getting somewhere with this.

I hate tight places, and the tunnel was just that. My shoulders were squeezed together so tightly that I had to keep my head down to move anywhere.

You could imagine my surprise when I tumbled out of the tunnel onto solid ground. Instead of the stormy, dark world that I had seen with my own two eyes just minutes prior, the land before me was bright and sunny. The sky was blue, with just big, puffy clouds here and there. Trees towered above me, looming and ancient. The grass was so tall it came up to my knees and swayed in the wind.

Although I was in shock, I began to observe this new, strange world I had found more thoroughly. I didn't ask why I had found it, because it was already found and I do believe in fate or destiny or karma or whatever crap you choose to believe.

The birds were chirping.

The frogs were croaking.

The butterflies were flying.

And a boy was sitting on a rock, observing me.

This took me by surprise. I had thought I was alone.

There was a moment of silence as we eyed on another. He was taller than I was, and older. He looked like he was starved- you could see his cheek bones profoundly, and his rib cage through his pastel blue suit he was wearing that appeared to be made of silk. His think, curly hair was a dark grey, as were his large eyes.

"Can I help you with something?" he said, smiling at me. I didn't like it when he smiled. I half expected him to blow something up when he smiled.

When I didn't respond- I was too busy gawking- he asked again.

"Can I help you with something?" His smile told me he new what I needed help with more than I did. I was afraid he new everything.