Chapter one

*Set before we know who Red John is and don't worry no spoilers :p*

Sara woke up not knowing where she was, her eyes were drowsy from whatever reason on how she fell asleep, she didn't know what was happening until she slowly looked across and saw the body.

Everything was becoming clearer now, the pain in the back of her head made her wince and the police lights blinded her, she looked away in pain just to meet eyes with a man, curly hair, possibly blue eyes, he didn't look confused on why she was here but he didn't speak a word to her before he called a woman called Lisbon over.

She was medium height, black hair, a puzzled look on her face, Sara's eyes widened as she saw the metal cuffs in her right hand. She knew that she was in trouble, but for what reason she didn't know. "You're under arrest for the murder of James Andrews."

Together Lisbon and the man helped her off the ground and cuffed her hands, there was no point in running, Sara knew she wouldn't make it and running, she knew, would make her look guilty.

Looking down at her shirt she saw the blood, it covered her jeans and shoes also. But she couldn't remember anything as they led her into the back seat of the car, Lisbon and another officer siting in front while the curly haired man took the seat beside her, looking at her curiously.

"What?" Sara spoke moving away from the man slightly, he shook his head, "Nothing, just trying to figure you out." He replies, a sliver of a smile playing on his face.

"Well don't, there's nothing to figure out." She brushed off, wishing she could cross her hands in front of her but was sadly disappointed. The man leaned in slightly, looking into Sara's eyes, "Well I beg to differ."

A/N

Hope you guys enjoy :)

Love The Mentalist so if you have any suggestions on books you've read or are writing go ahead and leave them in the comments or private message me

Thanks for reading and talk to you next time!

Rachel out :p