Prolog

I laid on my side, unable to fall asleep. I looked out the window near my bed. I looked down to the floor, my pet dragon was laying in her bed, fast asleep. I sighed and looked back to the window. The moon was high, and the sounds were magical. I closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep.

     The dream I always had was coursing in me. I saw the deep mist, I looked to the side, the same purple dragon was beside me and my pet dragon, Snowy, was on my arm as usual. I looked up and saw the mist again and the same figure.

     "It's now, or never." I heard the purple dragon beside me say. I closed my eyes in fear and said.

     "It's the final battle." I opened my eyes, they were a icy blue that had the color of magic coursing through them I held out my hand and yelled the next part. "Come out and face us, or are you too much of a Coward, Kaos?" I starred at the image until a figure floated up, I heard the sound of small fighters getting ready to engage battle behind me.

    "It's far from over, Niege." My name was french. French, for Snow. Niege was the first thing that came to my founder's mind when she found me on her front step fourteen winters ago. I was sixteen today.

     "Let's find out." I said, I moved my hand back, Snowy flew off and landed on the ground. I moved my hand forward and I yelled loudly, "Skylanders, attack!"

     I opened my eyes in shock. My heart was thudding, my alarm was ringing, the same roof over my head as usual. The deep beige color was always calm for me.

     "Niege. Are you awake?" Came the sound of one of my friends. I lived in an orphanage. Have my whole life. I sat up and turned off my alarm.

     "I am now." I groaned as I set my hand on my head and turned around, I looked up, Holly was standing in my door way.

     "Same dream again?" She asked. I nodded and set my hand on my bed. I looked into her green eyes. "Well, get dressed. I'll see you at School, I have early practice today." I sighed and got up.

     "Be careful outside." I said to her as I walked closer, she gave me a hug. We were basically sisters. We even took a blood test to make sure that we weren't. I let go and flattened out my rocker t-shirt I always slept in. She had given it to me last year for Christmas.

     "I will. Happy birthday." She said to me before she walked out the door. I sighed and closed the curtains on my window, closed my door, and got dressed for school.

     I Sighed as I sat on my bed. My sixteenth birthday started with that same nightmare. What did it mean? I grabbed my neck lass and put it on my neck. I already had my upper arm bands on and I was only needing to brush my hair. Snowy flew onto my bed, holding my brush in her mouth.

     "Thank you, Snowy." I said as I grabbed the brush from her mouth. She gave a small, yet cute roar to me. She glided across my floor, jumped up and opened the door, and flew off to the kitchen. I brushed my short hair and set the two clips in it that I always ware. I set the brush down and Snowy walked in carefully, with my breakfast on her back. I picked it up and read the note in it.

     Honey grahams with some cold milk, steak, and your favorite BBQ sauce. Made especially for you, Niege. Have a good day at School, I had to go and get grocery's for tonight. ~Dawn.

     Dawn was the orphanage headmaster. She was basically my Foster mother. I sighed, set the note aside and ate my breakfast. I drank the milk and it was warmer. I looked to snowy.

     "Ice it up for me?" I asked her, she hopped on the bed and blew snow on it, it got col and I drank it down again. "Thank you." I set aside the dishes and picked up my earrings and set them in, I had two on each ear. I got up, picked up the dishes, and walked into the kitchen. I set them in the sink and grabbed my backpack. Snowy walked up softly.

     "I gotta go, Snowy. See you after school." I petted her and then scratched her under the chin and walked out the door. She did what she always does and looked for something to do. I closed the door and walked along the street. It was the same as it always was, barren and dark. I had to leave for school at about 7:15 every school day and it wasn't Daylight's Savings time yet. It was about the middle of September, and I had always been out at this time.

    I walked in the school cafeteria soon, I looked up, my best friend, Ronie, was at our usual table, waiting for me with his cousin, Pyper. I walked up to them, they seamed happy to see me. I sat down and Ronie scooted next to me.

     "How did you sleep?" He asked me, he set his hand on mine, we were close to dating but yet so far.

     "I had the same dream again." I said as I looked to him, I just wished that it would stop. I looked to Pyper, her reddish hair hair her so beautiful and her eyes complemented her face design. Ronie set his hand on my head and ran his fingers down my short blond hair, trying to get some of the tangles out that I missed.

     "Well, let's hope it ends soon." Pyper said, her voice was also sweet. She was perfect. I was a weirdo who had only two friends.

     "It's time to go to class." Said one teacher, I looked back and grabbed my backpack again. We all walked on, we had the same first class together.

     "It has to end sometime." Ronie said as we walked through the halls. I looked to him, my blue gaze was clouded.

     "So far, it hasn't"

     "Oh, look on the bright side. Maybe it's a sign." She always says this, she's a morning person. "It really would explain why we were always so odd." I rolled my eyes. Only me and Ronie lived in orphanages. She knew nothing about us.

     "Let's just go to class silently." I said, Ronie agreed with me and we walked on, as quiet as passable.