1. Not made of glass

London, year of 1813

Life sucks, is all that Eliza Waters can think as she looks at her cleaning material to the horse manure that lie on the stable floor.

She can see her pale reflection shine off the shovel. Her bun is put up poorly as silky substance slides down her petite face, shining through the sun. 

She smells as if she swam with the fishes all day, intruth, she kinda did.

It happened earlier that day when she ran before the visitors arrival...

            (Flashback)

She knew the vistors had to be men looking for women to court and yet of all the days, they have somehow come on the very day she is to turn 21.

I bet that vile women put them up to it Eliza considers with frowns.

In the house Annie frantically searches for her three daughters, trying to gather them up in the dining room. She notices Eliza's absence and shrills for her to come and join them.

"EELLIIZZA", She crys again infuriatedly while running around like a chiken with its head cut off. Its a miracle that she can even move that quickly in that overly pink puffy dress, Jane, the eldest, ponders with a roll of her eyes, and then sighs. Jane knew Eliza would do something like this, its so  typical of her. Why cant she just accept a hand in marriage to help save us from the poor house? Jane broods.

Afer searching the house Eliza can see the wicked lady coming out of the house followed by Lillian, the youngest daughter. They both march towards Eliza's favorite tree, where she is hidding behind, and Eliza holds her breath as they come closer. She looks for a way to go unseen and Eliza sees that Annie is destracted by her half sister, of five years younger. She takes their small talk as a destraction and dashes away into the little forest that leads to a stream of water.

"Mother there she is." Lillian divulges as she points towards the forest. "Eliza come back here this instant", the two women chorus together.

Eliza snorts. Why would I want to meet men who only want to use me? I am human. They cant make me choose a husband, she thinks bitterly. Eliza defys her mother and sisters call and she keeps trudging along the path. Dodging branches that clout to her left and right as she runs to keep distance from the two women.

The branches tug on her favorite red dress leaving it in ruins and one branch scratches her arms as she trys to push through, it glazes her left cheek, leaving a string of red blood flowing down her chin. Further into the small forest Eliza slows her pace and starts to walk, knowing they will find her soon, but as she looks behind herself, she tumbles over a rock and lands with a splash right into the water. Mothers not going to be pleased.

"Eliza." My blasted step mom says as she yanks me up. "How dare you disregard me and your sister. Have you no shame, girl?"

Eliza was shocked, to say the least, she didn't know they caught up to her that quickly.

"I.. I..", Eliza couldn't form words, her mind was drawing a blank, which is odd because she always has a witty comeback to everything.

"What in the world? Look at what she did to her dress, mother." Lillian's shock made Annie turn to look at her daughter and then the dress.

"Indeed."Was all that Annie said. The young ladies knew their mother has just made special plans for Eliza, knowing it can not be good.

---------------------------------------

Please vote & comment :)
                   xoxo Summer