Chapter 5

Sabrina plays with the children some more and then they're sent to wash up before bed.
Instantly She feels out of place and uncomfortable. She missed the room that she was trapped in.

Butterflies fumble around in her stomach on her way upstairs. She silently prays Nathan was in his office.

She clicks the room light on when she enters and finds the room empty. She lets out a sigh of relief. The office was probably exactly where he was.

She throws on pajamas, then rushes to the bathroom. She removes her jewelry, makeup, and brushes her teeth.

The second she closes the bathroom door on the way out, Nathan comes out of the closet. She freezes up and gapes at him. He wasn't wearing any shirt just some black sweats. His abs, every curve just glistened or something.

"Don't worry the bed is big enough. I won't touch you." He moves past her and into the bathroom.

Of course, he won't touch her. He didn't marry her by choice.
She shakes it off and gets into bed. Her eyes close right away. The next time she opens them, she sees his face looming above her.

"I take it you want to be near me. He states.

She gasps when he doesn't wait for her to respond or move but instead slides in next to her. His rock hard body grazes against her and pushes her a foot over.

"This is my side." He lets it be known.

Such a brute. She wanted to say. "I'm sorry...I normally sleep on this side on my bed. I didn't think twice."

"It's ok...Go to sleep." He fluffs his pillow and turns his back toward her.

She sits up and moves over. Suddenly she felt like it was her that disturbed his sleep. It wasn't going to be easy to fall asleep. She was aware of his every breath and must have taken a shower at some point because she kept smelling cucumbers...

When she closes her eyes again, this time she sees herself climbing on top of him. She bursts  open her eyes again. She shouldn't be thinking like this. She begins twisting and turning trying to get comfortable but ultimately she couldn't.
She gets up and looks over at him. He moved once. Turning himself onto his back. The sheets resting on his hips letting her see the outline of his six-pack.

Why the hell did he have to be so attractive? Couldn't she have a husband that maybe was a little sore on the eyes? Better yet maybe a husband that liked her.

She drops herself back down, closes her eyes, and tries to sleep again. But she kept adjusting constantly. She couldn't believe that it was this hard to sleep with him near.

"Would you like my help staying still?" He wasn't sleeping.

She froze. "No." She turns her back to him and no matter how hard she wants to, she didn't move again.

~~~~~~~

It was the worst sleep of her life. She felt like she didn't fall asleep at all.  The sound of the bathroom door closing wakes her. Nathan approached his side of the bed and grabs his watch from the nightstand.

She could tell he didn't know she was looking at him. Then his eyes narrow to her for a moment. He puts his wallet in his pocket and looks distractedly at his phone.