Truth

Johnny leapt of the way, barely avoiding Baraka's twin blades. As Baraka tried to swipe at Johnny's head to decapitate him. Johnny bent down and like he usually does in such an opportunity, he struck Baraka in the groin.

Baraka grasped his groin and held it in pain. "You… are… dead… as soon… as… I…"

"I can't believe that worked." Johnny said to himself.

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the Wastelands, Liu Kang and Kitana landed on the battle ground. Liu dusted himself off, as he got to his feet, the first thing he noticed was the castle in the background. From what he could tell, he was amazed that the thing was still in one piece.

"Kitana… why did you want to come here?" he asked, turning to Kitana, who had gotten to her feet.

"Well, you probably saw that castle over there?" she said, pointing in its direction.

"Yeah…" Liu started.

"Well, we're going to go there."

"But don't we have a match?"

"Liu Kang…" Kitana said. "Do you really think, I want to win? There's no one here, I could just forfeit the match to you. I'll just say you spared my life."

"Well, I wouldn't feel right about that. How about a quick one? I want to see what you can do." Liu said, smiling.

Kitana sighed and shrugged. "Why not?"

Both Liu and Kitana took their fighting stances, and both became to block and parry each others attacks until Kitana grabbed Liu's arm, and pulled him to the ground.

"Not bad." Liu said, smiling. Liu then broke free, and came at Kitana again, the two continued to block and counter for a bit.

"Where did you learn this?" Kitana asked.

"Master Bo' Rai Cho." Liu replied.

"Bo' Rai Cho?" Kitana said, surprised. "I've heard of him. Rather odd man, but he's a good fighter."

"Yeah, uh... it was rather gross at times…"

"Remind me not to train with him then." Kitana said, jokingly.

Liu blocked Kitana's attack again, and grabbed both of her arms and pinned them behind her back. But Kitana brought her leg behind, and kicked him in the chest, freeing herself. Liu rolled aside, as Kitana got to her feet.

"Hold on, there's a Shadow Priest if you look to your left, don't." Kitana whispered. "It's here to report the events of the match. You have to make a finishing blow here."

"But… I…" Liu stuttered.

"Don't worry. I doubt I would've won anyway. I mean if you can beat Shang Tsung, I think you could beat me. Just try to be gentle." Kitana said.

"All right." Liu said with a sigh. Liu ran at Kitana, and with a leap in the air, he struck her in the chest. Kitana fell back with a yell and hit the ground. Despite the pain that she was feeling, Kitana feigned unconsciousness. With this, the Shadow Priest quickly left through means of a portal.

Liu quickly walked over to Kitana, who groaned before getting to her feet. "You alright?"

"Yes. Though that wasn't exactly gentle." Kitana said.

"Sorry." Liu said, blushing slightly.

"Forget it." Kitana said, smiling. "Well, the Shadow Priest is gone. Let's get going." She said, running into the mountainous-looking area before. Liu quickly followed.