Goodbye.

Hello. Long time no see haha. For those who forgot who I am, I'm Katie. Most of you probably know me for my bts fanfic "His Queen." 

I'm opening this app one last time to say goodbye before I delete it completely. 

It's sad. I'm sad about leaving this community. This app took over four years of my life completely. I dedicated all my time and effort to this app, and it does feel sad. It used to feel very empty too, like a big part of me just disappeared. During this period, I was lost, somewhat lonely, and confused as to what I really wanted to do. And I waited until that empty feeling is over to upload this. Now that this feeling is over, nothing within me wants to stay on this app. 

I am not going to sugar coat this. This app is toxic. To me, at least. It slowly turned me from a passionate writer to someone who simply wishes for views and votes. And there's certainly nothing wrong with wanting views and votes. But it strayed me from who I desired to be and the reason why I truly loved writing. Wattpad certainly restrained me a lot from writing what I love to write, and because of its demographic, I felt obligated to write for a certain audience and genre. 

I dream of being a professional author one day. And I think the first big step I needed to take to reach this was leaving this app. 

I must say, I did have lots of fun here. I remember starting out writing anime fanfictions, then graphic designing, and then transitioning into kpop fanfics. I read many books that are still one of my favourites. I met a lot of friends too along the way. And most importantly, I was able to connect with an audience I always wanted to have as a writer. 

Thank you to my readers for always supporting my decisions. You guys were always there for me when I needed help or comfort. Some of you even saw my emo phase and me growing up lol. Thank you for being my motivation and inspiration over the past years. I really cannot thank you enough. You guys changed my life and shaped me into who I am today.

And, I'm sorry I could not stay here further. But everyone moves on from something, and this time, it is my turn to move on from Wattpad. 

Goodbye. Farewell. Thank you so much for everything.