PETE

When I was new, I’ve heard that Pete is the most ‘sought-after’ band member. I was looking at their pre-teen photo and I was like “…hmmm…oookay…” But when I finally met them, I must admit…cat got my tongue. Pete is a babe that’s for sure.

When I began monitoring their social activities, I understood why he has the most number of Tumblr blogs dedicated to him. He has the band hair to die for – rich fluffy wavy locks and all. Personality wise, he’s hilarious. You’ll never get bored with him. He’s got the stage swagger too and definitely not an awkward dancer.

But this lad…he’s trouble.

Pete’s all about getting great craic.

He enjoys seeking it and doing what he calls ‘wholesome mayhem’ where he does crazy enough stuff but not too crazy to involve any police.

However, the other members weren’t joking when they said that Pete is most likely to get arrested in the future and I agree with it. Heck, he was the one I’m with when we threw cow dungs at cattle of cows at 2 AM in a Cavan farm. There was no specific reason why we did it. We weren’t even drunk. Pete was just plain cracked and being the pushover that I am – I just agreed. It was tons of fun until we got caught by the owner, accused of trespassing and called the police. We ‘almost’ got arrested and Niall and one of Evan’s uncles came to the rescue. Both of us got scolded for it but I was the only one who got sanctioned.

I haven’t spoken with him for days because of what happened. I know I’m at fault as well because I said yes and I was a willing participant and I was more annoyed at myself because I couldn’t say no. The fact that I lost my free drinks at bar venues and free movie night outs during my days off made my annoyance towards Pete even worse.

We were in Paris ready to start the road trip for The Strypes European tour. Everyone was getting ready, the crew were putting equipment in the tour bus, the lads dumping their suitcases and fixing last minute laundry problems (which thankfully Niall didn’t have me involved for once), etc. I decided to spend my time doing some clerical work such as sorting out some receipts while the rest of the team are preoccupied in preparing the bus and I’ve got no errands to think of for the moment. At this point, I’m on the brink of ripping my hair off because of the stress of preparing for the tour. I suppose I can find a little peace by quietly sorting the receipts and working alone in my laptop. 

I chose to work in the small living area inside the tour bus, all my files are scattered on the table as I began to work on my spreadsheet. I felt Evan sitting near my area, who gave me a brief nod while he settled on the corner of the couch and began to read his book.

Several minutes passed and I got so engrossed doing my spreadsheet when I saw a box of pizza shoved in front of me, on top of my laptop.

The smell of cheese, pepperoni, bacon and other heavenly pizza toppings invaded my concentration and I looked up to the one who was holding it.

I sighed exasperatedly and went back to my work.

“What’s that?” I asked Pete blankly and continued typing on my laptop despite the delicious distraction of that warm pizza box.

“Pizza. Freshly cooked pizza. All meat.” Pete replied. I felt Evan looking up from his book to our direction. Maybe he got distracted with the smell as well.

“I know what it is. But what’s that for?” I didn’t hide my annoyance anymore.

“A peace offering.” He shrugged and let out a smile showing his crooked teeth. I got more annoyed with his attempt of charming me and rolled my eyes towards him while I continue filing the receipts.