10.

Naomi

Today was the day, the one where I'd finally ask Kaden to take it to the next level. It made sense since it was Valentine's Day. After having breakfast and exchanging pleasantries with my parents, I prepared for the momentous occasion.

"Kaden's waiting to drive you to school, he's outside," my mom informed me with a smile.

"Oh, actually, Kaden and I are going to one of Ava's parties," I lied, just in case I needed an excuse.

"Alright, be safe and watch how much you drink," my mom cautioned.

"It's Valentine's Day, Mom," my sister, Luna, chimed in.

"Okay, and honey," my mom replied, still concerned.

Then my brother Zack made an inappropriate gesture, implying something about Kaden and me being together. "Ew Zack, no, I don't see Kaden like that," I lied to brush off his assumption and quickly made my way outside.

Kaden was waiting in his car, and as I got in, he smiled at me. "Took you long enough," he teased, rolling up the window and giving me a kiss. My heart fluttered at the gesture.

"So, it's Valentine's Day, and I booked us a hotel with a three-course meal and a pool," he said, kissing my hand.

"Was it expensive?" I asked, feeling a little concerned.

"That doesn't matter, it's a special day," he replied, reassuring me.

"I just don't want Amy all over you," I sighed, my jealousy creeping in.

"Well, we are still dating secretly. We could tell someone else, not just Ava and Jamie," he suggested with a laugh.

"I don't want everyone being mean to me, though," I said, my insecurities showing.

"Okay, it's up to you," he smiled and drove us to school, keeping his hand on my thigh the entire way. When we arrived, I spotted Ava in homeroom.

"Hey, it's Valentine's Day," Ava greeted me with a smile.

"I know," I smiled back.

"Are you and Mr. Popular doing anything special?" she asked, nodding towards Kaden, who was playfully pushing his best friend, Jamie.

"He said he booked a hotel," I shared excitedly.

"Oh my god, are you going to lose it?" she whispered, knowing what I was thinking.

"I don't know. Should I ask him?" I pondered.

"No, do not ask him. Just let it happen. Sleeping with your boyfriend is a huge deal; don't plan it out," she advised with a smile.

As the day wore on, Kaden took me to the hotel room, and we settled in while the meals arrived—each course promising a delightful culinary experience. There was a starter, a mouthwatering main course, and a tempting dessert.

As I tried to compose myself, I wiped away my tears, and Kaden noticed my emotional state, his concern evident in his gaze. I took a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts amidst the overwhelming feelings stirred by the beautiful setting and the intimacy of the moment.

Later in the day, Kaden took me to the hotel, where a sumptuous three-course meal awaited us. As we sat there, a starter and main before us, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotions. Tears welled up in my eyes, and Kaden immediately noticed my distress.

"What's wrong?" he whispered, concern evident in his eyes.

"Nothing, it's just... all of this is so beautiful," I replied, gently wiping away my tears, careful not to smudge my makeup.