Chapter 27: Charming

And we get. . .Well, You'll see. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

We had managed to slip away from the hero, All of us thoroughly confused and slightly concerned.

Eige was still quietly muttering to himself, Trying to figure out why Golden was acting the way he was.

'Maybe it's 'cause of the 'He can't harm us' thingy' Cali suggested, His guess actually holding a bit of logic to it.

I looked down briefly to the dragon nestled in my jacket, His eyes being the only things I could see in the dark shadows I had wrapped around him to just be safe.

''You might be right on that Cali. . .'' I murmured quietly to the dragon before giving one of the people who was staring at me a death glare.

Mind your own damn business. . .

Hunching my shoulders slightly, I scowled down at the ground.

If I looked unapproachable, Than no one will try.

That logic had worked so far.

So you'd imagine how confused and surprised I was when I heard a voice shout my name happily.

''Corbin!'' The voice called from behind me.

I turned around as Cali happily chirped, ' Ian!'

I had just enough time to register the strawberry blonde moving towards me before I felt arms wrap around my waist.

''Woah, What's the matter?'' I asked, Confused and concerned by the worry he seemed to be showing.

He glanced around quickly before he tugged me into an alleyway.

''I saw you intervene in that big fight between Golden and that one villain'' He explained, His voice barely above a whisper.

A small groan escaped me, ''Please tell me you were on that street and didn't watch it on Tv'' I groaned out.

Ian looked a bit confused at why I was so upset over this.

''It was broadcasted on all the news stations while it was happening. . .'' He said nervously, Frowning slightly.

I groaned quietly again, Eige and Tene joining me this time.

'Oh we're never going to hear the end of this from the other villains. . .' Tene muttered, Catching Ian's attention.

''Ooh. . .They aren't going to attack you guys are they?'' Ian asked worriedly, His eyes widening slightly as he realized what my actions being shown publicly might mean for me.

''Doubtfully. . .Only a few people know who I am without my villain mask on, I know all of them and I trust them, But I might get attacked or yelled at for a while when I'm out with my mask on. . .'' I mused quietly as Cali wriggled out of my jacket.

I grimaced slightly at the slight sting I could feel prickling my skin thanks to the very minimal light in the alleyway.

'Ian!' Cali cheered happily, Squirming free and leaping out towards the blonde.

Ian let out a quiet laugh as the dragon collided with him, Wrapping his arms easily around the dragon to shield him from the very dim light.

A small sigh escaped me at the comforted feeling I could feel coming from Cali as not only did the sting disappear, But a sense of safety seemed to emit from Cali and into me as well.

''I was heading back to my apartment. . .Do you want to come along as well?'' I offered, Not really feeling like being alone for once.

Odd. . .Normally I love to be alone with my shadows. . .

''Oh no, I have to get back to work, I could only take a short break'' He explained, Holding a currently purring Cali out to me as he spoke.

I nodded, Ignoring the odd sense of disappointment that fluttered about at the back of my heart like a grim little cloud of butterflies.

''Will you be staying over again tonight?'' I asked, Feeling oddly like a puppy seeking attention from it's owner.

''Actually. . .'' Ian said slowly, Glancing over at me sheepishly.

''I was wondering, If you'd like to come over to my place and watch a movie with me. . .'' Ian offered nervously, A blush starting to spread across his face.

I felt a small smile stretch across my face, ''That'd be lovely, I'll bring some snacks'' I offered, Tentatively grabbing his hand as he handed Cali to me.

Giving him another small smile, I let Cali slip back into my jacket as I interlaced fingers with Ian.

I wasn't sure what I should do after that.

We're alone in an alleyway. . .Don't these things normally end in a kiss?

'That or getting shanked' Tene oh so helpfully added on, Breaking the peaceful moment we had been stuck in.

''What?'' Ian asked, His voice breaking.

'How the hell did you take 'Don't these things normally end in a kiss' and come up with that?' Eige demanded of Tene.

Ian let out a small nervous chuckle at that, Starting to blush even more.

''Well uh. . .I better get back to work'' He squeaked out, Tugging his hand out of mine as the two dragons continued to bicker.

He paused briefly before turning back to me and placing both his hands on the sides of my face.

I blinked in confusion before he quickly kissed me on the cheek before stepping back.

''I'll uh. . .See you tonight!'' He said, His whole face flushed bright red now as he gave me a nervous wave before running off.

I could feel my face heating up slightly as well as I lifted my hand up to touch where he kissed, Moving slowly as if I was in a daze.

'Does this mean Ian wants to be friends?' Cali asked innocently, Staring up at me from inside my jacket.

'Yes Cali. Friends. You know, Just like all those 'Best friends' from history' Tene snarked from inside the bag before Eige kicked him, Making me wince.

'I'm pretty sure that means we're more than friends' Eige explained quietly to Cali as I remained in a slight daze.

'Does this mean we'll see him a lot?' Cali asked me, Staring up at my face as he spoke.

One can only hope. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So uh. . .Ian kissed Corbin! Any guesses how the movie watching will go?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen