Chapter 51

Bella's POV

I stood at the top of a cliff looking down into the water below. The waves licked the rocks at the side with the spray that flew of the waves as they splashed back down.

Edward left me a few months ago but he still spoke to me. This was the only way I could see him. He was begging me not to do it over and over again but I ignored him. I just wanted him back. I was lost and vulnerable without him. With Victoria still on the lose and Laurent being back in town and then the pack killing him made me yearn for him to come back to me.  

His voice echoed from behind me urging me to not jump.

"This is the only way I get to see you." I whispered.

I jumped.

The wind blew viscously as I fell through the air. It pricked at my eyes and my stomach was fluttering, my heart was beating faster the harder I fell. 

As I fell from the 60 foot drop I realized I was irrevocably and incredibly in love with Edward Cullen. My back broke the surface of the cold water and winded me. As gravity puled me deeper into the water I closed my eyes until my lungs burned with the lack of oxygen. I swam to the surface and gasped as my head burst through the not so peacefully surface.

The first wave caved over my head and forced me back under the water, I swallowed a mouthful of the water and swam back up only to be dragged back down again for another heavy wave.

This time, as I sunk further into the black depths of the water, I saw her.

Victoria was swimming towards me, her furiously red hair floated around her and make her look even more majestic. I closed my eyes, allowing the water to swallow my up as I realized that I was dead. And I would embrace it, especially if Edward was never coming back for me.

Before I had completely left the world, I felt arms grab around my waist and then the darkness consumed me.

My eyes glared open to the brightness, I spluttered as water fell for my wet lips. My mouth tasted like salt, my throat burned as harsh than a fire on a could winters night.

Hovering above me, supporting his weight on his elbows, Jacob's face was glaring at my. His eyes were squinted, his lips pressed thin and his nose scrunched up.

"What were you doing!" He was so close that I could smell his minty breathe as it fanned across my cheeks. "You could've died. Is that what you were trying to do? Get yourself killed. That's it, I'm taking you home and telling Charlie about everything."

He stood up and reached for my hand. After I was up on my feet, we started walking, well Jake was mostly dragging me, towards my truck.

"It was the only way I could see him." I kept on mumbling as I got into the truck.

We sat in silence and I was staring out of the window as Jake drove, quite recklessly in an attempt to get me home before I could do anything else stupid.

As we rounded the corner of my street, I saw Carlisle's car pulled up out the front and it hit me.

When the Cullen's left, I didn't see Carlisle. In fact, I haven't seen Carlisle since Duchess and him left for their honeymoon and Chess was back. So where's Carlisle.

Whilst I was debating this in my head, Jake had decided that he was taking me somewhere else as he could smell a vampire.

"Jake stop. Stop. It's the Cullen's. They would never hurt me."

I flung the door open as the truck was moving and ran towards my house. I flung the front door open in joy as I burst through the doorway.

"Edward!" I yelled joyfully and Alice came around the corner. I stopped suddenly and I felt the smile drop from my face as my body started to fill with dissappointment until I realized that it was Alice. My close friend. I ran towards her and wrapped my arounds around her petite frame as I cried.

"Alice, your back. I have missed you so much. I have missed you all. Is everyone alright? Where's Edward?"

"Everyone is fine and I don't know where Edward is. I saw you jumping of a cliff and then it all went dark. I couldn't see you anymore so I rushed right here. Were you trying to get yourself killed? And why do you smell like wet dog?" Her little nose scrunched up at her last sentence.

"Oh that would be Jake. He's a werewolf." I replied casually as if it was nothing.

"Bella, werewolves are bad company to keep."

"We are better than you leeches." Jake's voice sounded from behind me.

After a heated discussion, Alice went outside until I got rid of the 'mutt'.

Whilst me and Jake spoke, the phone rang and he answered it.

"Swan residence." He said.

"No he's out at the moment planning a funeral." His voice was so icy and before I could speak to who was calling he put the phone down.

"Who was that?" I questioned Jake just as Alice re-entered the home, quite furious.

"It was Edward he thinks you dead and know he has decided to ask for death upon himself at the Volturi." She rushed out.

"We need to save him." I blurted out as Jake, rather angrily, stated that I should just leave him.

I ignored him as me and Alice left the house and got into Carlisle's car.

Alice rushed us to the airport were we boarded a plane.

Looks like I'm going to see my sister. 

Again.