Chapter 5

"So, you're the new Janitor then?" Ash questioned, his voice echoed down the empty hall from behind me. I suppose I have the title of Janitor, but it sure as heck didn't feel like it; then again it isin't the end of the day yet. Today was just one of those disaster days where I expected at any moment for a camera crew to jump out behind a corner and cheer, "Gotcha!". Somehow, I doubted that, but a girl in my situation couldn't help but cross her fingers.

I quickly re-thought his question, my mind becoming side-tracked, as it usually tends to do.

"No, I just like pushing trolleys around. You know, to get the legs pumping and all." I told him sarcastically with a small chuckle.I looked over my shoulder to see how far Ash was behind me; it's not my fault I was slightly cautious to the fact that he could be breathing down my neck like a stalker. I was still well aware that he was skipping classes for no obvious as of yet, other than the reason to follow me around.

He wasn't too far away. In fact, he was walking not two steps to the right of me; just he was behind my line of sight if I was facing forwards.

Ash smirked, raising his eyebrows when he caught me looking at him. "So this is what the school has been reduced to; a Janitor that does the cleaning for the exercise."

"Oh yes." I muttered sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "That's exactly why I'm here."

"Why are you here?" Ash frowned, suddenly his voice taking on a serious tone.

"Why are you following me?" I retorted in the same tone.

"It's not following if we're going in the same direction."

"I'm sure it's not, but this hallway leads to a dead end with lockers and the girls toilets. Somehow, unless you're pretty darn desperate, I don't believe that you're going to the girl's lavatory."

"What if my lockers there?" Ash proposed, raising an eyebrow at me in question.

"Then you have my sympathy." I informed him sincerely, in a posh English accent, as I looked over at the map crumpled slightly on my trolley.

"There's nothing wrong with a locker next to the girl's toilets." Ash frowned, probably trying to work out why I would sympathise him. Three guesses why?

Personally, if there were guys stationed outside my toilet, I wouldn't even think twice about changing in the changing rooms; I'd wait for a cubical. Where I couldn't be peeved on.

I sighed at his confusion; his locker was most definitely not outside the girls loo. "I'm not talking about the fact that you would have a locker next to the girl's toilets, but the fact that there must be something wrong with your appearance in general."

Ash looked down at his figure in confusion, raising his arms to get a proper look, as if hunting for a nonexistent stain. "Why would there be something wrong with my appearance? I'm a perfectly healthy looking guy!"

I re-checked the map before smirking."Exactly. The lockers surrounding the girl's toilets are Girl Only lockers." There was a small silence before I finished my sentence, speaking relatively slowly.

"You don't look like a girl to me."

Ash looked up at me with narrowed eyes with a small smile. "You're pretty smart for someone so young." He appraised slowly.

"I'm not that young!" I protested immediately, disregarding my youth that I should be embracing with open arms; but I hated ignorant people who call to attention how young I am. It's like it's a crime or something to be a teenager these days and I dislike it.