Chapter Forty-Three - Allison

The next DA meeting after Draco finding out about them is the last meeting before the holidays. "Ok," Harry says, once we've all gathered, "I thought this evening we should just go over the thing we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break -"

"We're not doing anything new?" asks Zacharias Smith. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come."

"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then," says Fred. I start laughing along with other people and Zacharias scowls. " - we can practice in pairs," Harry says. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again." We all divide into our usual pairs and set to work.

The room is now filled with cries of "Impedimenta!" as people freeze and then unfreeze over and over again. After ten minutes on the Impediment Jinx, we bring out the cushions so we can start practicing Stunning again. Half of the group practices first, while the other half observes and then we switch. At one point, Padma goes flying through the air as Neville's stunning charm hits her instead of Dean.

At the end of an hour, Harry calls us all to attention once more. "You're getting really good," he says, beaming around at us all. "When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the big stuff - maybe even Patronuses." There are excited murmurs and then we take turns leaving the Room of Requirement. My friends and I wish Harry a Merry Christmas before leaving.

After we leave the Room of Requirement, I hang back for a bit. "What are you doing?" Michael asks. "Ummm...I'm going to the library," I lie.

"The library?" Padma questions, her eyebrow lifting as she stares at me pointedly. She can see right through me. I sigh. "Fine, not the library. Just trust me, please," I plead.

When they're silent, I ask, "You do trust me, don't you?"

"Of course, we trust you. Come on guys, Allison will be along soon. We can wait up for her in the common room," Mandy says, and I smile at her gratefully. It means a lot to me that she's the one to say it.

I turn back to the Room of Requirement and wait around a corner until I'm sure everyone has left. Then, I walk back and forth three times thinking of the DA. The same door appears and I journey inside to the same place I was just moments before.

After a couple of minutes, the door opens and in walks Draco Malfoy. He locks the door behind him and stares around in amazement. "Wow, this is so cool, Whitley," he says.

"So, what did you learn today?" he asks. "Well, since it's the last lesson before the holidays, we didn't learn anything new. But that's good because I can try to get you caught up on certain things," I explain.

"Great, so what's first?" he asks eagerly. "The Disarming Charm," I say. "But that's so easy," he groans. "Fine, give it a try then," I say.

He raises his wand to disarm me, but before he can say the spell, I hit him with the Full Body-Bind Curse. "Petrificus Totalus!" He falls backward with a thud. I raise my hand to my mouth in shock. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I forgot the cushions," I say.

"Well, could you maybe unbind me?" he asks. "Finite," I say. He gets up off the floor.

"What was that for?" he asks. "To prove to you that it doesn't hurt to practice even if you know the spell. It's the spell Harry used against Voldemort that night," I explain. He flinches. "Will you please stop saying that name?" I roll my eyes and continue onwards. "Now, disarm me," I say.

"Are you going to hit me with another curse?" he asks, hesitantly. "Just do it," I sigh.

"Expelliarmus!" he yells, and my wand flies through the air. I retrieve it and we practice going back and forth, disarming each other for a bit, until I decide it's time to move on to the Impediment Jinx.