. . . 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵. "𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬"

( LOVE AGAIN )
( chapter nineteen ! )
( ❝ too many truths ❞ )

🌷💞🌸🐷🎀🌺
━━━━ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 !

IF THIS HAD BEEN the day before yesterday, Leilani would not have thought that she'd be in Malibu headed to talk to Harry. For the past month and a half, when he had stopped talking to her and she had no idea why, she simply accepted the fact that maybe they weren't meant to be friends. Which made her partially sad, because she truly did enjoy being friends with him again, but she tried not to dwell on the upsetting feeling too much.

     Now was different though because all she could think about were her feelings toward the situation. Especially when she rang the doorbell of the place Harry was staying at. He didn't take long to open the door and when he did, he gave Leilani a smile as he let her in, which she returned with a small and forced one of her own.

     He led them toward the house's backyard, which overlooked a really nice beach. They sat down in the pair of red lounge chairs and Leilani simply looked out at the beach in front of her. If the circumstances had been different, she would have heavily admired the beautiful view in front of her. The awkward silence lingering between the two was definitely noticeable, which the girl was quick to put a stop to.

     "Okay, I guess we should probably get straight into things, right? So, what happened?" She asked, looking over at Harry. "The last time we hung out was the movie night and everything seemed okay, and then it was just complete silence."

     "I know, and it was such a shitty thing for me to do," Harry said and Leilani did not hesitate to nod in agreeance. "Things were going really well between us, but then," He trailed off with a sigh, not knowing how to properly finish his statement.

     "But then?" Leilani questioned, not understanding what he was talking about.

     "I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain in one sentence," Harry told her. "Do you remember Gemma's wedding?"

     Leilani nodded, her mind going back to the awkward interaction she and Harry had at the event. "Yeah, of course."

     "I know you're probably thinking about the weird conversation we had before the ceremony, but we also talked at the reception too," Harry said and a confused expression took over Leilani's face. "And when I first texted you a little while after the wedding, it was because I thought you remembered what happened too."

     "What happened?" She asked, looking at him curiously.

     Harry was quiet for a few long moments before he spoke and answered her question. "Um, we almost kissed."

     At first, Leilani was very shocked upon hearing what Harry said. But somehow, hearing him say those three words seemingly unlocked something in her brain, and all too suddenly it was all coming back to her. Initially, it was vague and cloudy, but then it pieced itself together all at once.

     "Oh my God," Leilani breathed out. Her mind now replaying those events of the night. Their drunken comments to one another and very close proximity. "Fuck, I remember now."

     Now that she remembered the memory, it was all her mind could think about. She hated that her drunkenness caused her practically forget about it because it made her wonder how different things would be right then if she had remembered the events the morning after it happened.