Chapter 57: The Perfect Present From The Best Maid Of Honour.

“Is this seat taken?” I purr to Jack.

He looks up, making me smirk because I got the reaction I wanted. His face turned red with blush creeping its way from his neck to the tip of his ears. His eyes were looking at my chest area more than necessary and when he realized I had caught him, he coughed and stood up, pulling my chair for me and sliding it back once I sat on it. I was wearing a very tight bodycon dress, with a zipper along its length-which happened to be very short- in the front. I smirk when I noticed his bulge down his pants. Mission almost-accomplished.

“How have you been Alyson?” he asks after an awkward silent few seconds. 

I giggle “you can’t stop with the formalities, we’re going to be family now. I’m planning your big day!” I remind him playfully, and his forced chuckles seize. 

“about that..can I ask you a question? it’s a bit personal if you don’t mind…” he says lowly. 

Now we’re talking, “I don’t mind at all,” I answer casually and then lower my voice to an almost whisper. I actually learned the power of my voice when I was fifteen. I had a natural raspy voice, so if I dropped it a bit it would sound the sexiest voice you’ve ever heard. Saves me a lot of time. “You can ask all the questions you want, Jack.” I made sure his name would sound the sexiest. As in keeping my mouth parted when I pronounced the ‘K’. I bit my red coated lip in fake anticipation. 

“Why are you helping us?” he asks after a few seconds of staring at my mouth. 

“Excuse me?” I am taken aback by his question, what does he mean exactly? 

“I mean the wedding, the engagement, the shower, why are you doing that?” 

“Careful now Jack, you may have hurt my feelings, do you not want me to be her maid of honor?” I fake being hurt and his dilated pupils, shrink a bit in awareness, making his eyes go wide. It’s sickening how good I was at pretending.

“No, no, no, no! That’s not what I meant-It’s just that Vivienne told me you weren’t the best of friends..” 

“Did she tell you why?” I demand softly, my demeanour changing in the fraction of a nanosecond. If that bitch opened her flappy lips and uttered a single word to this..stranger I would have her head on a pike. 

“No she wouldn’t tell me. She refused categorically. She said that it was a dark part of her past and she just want to bury it. I was hoping you could tell me.” he coax me to spill everything to him, by cocking his head, making his gaze friendly, making him seem trustworthy except it didn’t. It made him seem horny and very stupid. His pupils were blown out and his idea of me spilling everything is ridiculously stupid. 

“Nice try Jack, but as she said I really wanna bury that dark part of my past.” F.ucking bitch. Of course she wanna bury it, it’s her fault and she doesn’t wanna feel bad, she wants to erase her guilt. Well, we’ll see about that, because I ain’t burying shi.t. Except her body, one day. 

“Oh,” is all he said. 

“So, let’s get to the good stuff, where’s your speech?” I beam at him, and he seems confused. 

After a beat, he gets it out of his blazer inside pocket, and show it to me “I’m sorry it’s not written on an iPad or something, it’s just that it came to me suddenly, plus I feel like it’s far more personal if it’s on paper, and written in ink.” he states unfolding the paper.