The art of loving Christmas

***Things written in cursive are said in Paseltongue***

Curare age: Four years

It was a cold winter day. The snow was several feet high and the whole outside world looked like it came directly out of winter wonderland. It was two days before Christmas and all the house elves were preparing for the upcoming holidays.

Silver was being polished, and decorations were hung up. Biscuits were being made and food prepared for the big dinner. Little fairy lights were in almost every room and magical snow fell from the ceilings, disintegrating before it reached the floor.

It was on this day when Curare woke up in her room. She now had a queen-sized bed, her sheets Egyptian silk, her blanket was made of artificial fur. She truly was treated like a queen, even if she didn't know. Curare didn't know any other life. She wasn't vain because she didn't know she had something to be vain about.

In her whole life she hadn't met many people. She hadn't met the death eaters that came for meetings almost every week. She had promised her father that she would stay in her room. Tom told them they would meet her soon, but he was worried about her. He didn't want her to get hurt in any way. He also had never taken her to work yet. Curare met Draco who was a year older than her. They played together a lot and met almost every week.

Draco was a little bit vain, but he was a great friend. He let Curare practise braiding hair on him even if the plats were very small as he was only five and his hair was also still quite short. Not like Curare's. Her brown locks fell to her elbows and framed her round face with her big green doe eyes.

Part from Draco she hadn't met many children. Crabbe and Goyle were at Draco's once but she was leaving when they came so she only saw them. She didn't feel the need to talk to them either, so she wasn't disappointed. Of course, she knew her uncles, aunts, and Godfathers. She called everyone uncle or aunt as she didn't mind if they were really related to her or not.

Over the years Tom's overprotectiveness hadn't ceased at all, it might have increased even. Now that he knew what it was like living with his daughter, he never wanted to change anything. He dreaded the day she would leave for school or move out when she was older. Have an own family and live away from him.

Curare woke up with a smile on her face like almost every other day. Nagini was lying beside her and Curare gave her a quick kiss on her nose before getting up. Her room was still held in green, but Tom had offered many times that they change the colours if she wanted to. Curare liked her room how it was. Everything was made of Mahogany making everything look priceless. The walls were filled with moving pictures of her, Tom and Nagini. Some with her uncles and aunts but most of them were of her and her father.

The little witch got up and jumped to her closet with a huge grin on her face. Within a few moments she was dressed in a green dress with black pumps. They had little bells on them which jingled when she hopped around. Curare loved these shoes but only wore them when it was Christmas time. You could her the bells and her happy giggles al around the house, creating a happy atmosphere. In this time the house elves also wore little Santa hats for her.

Curare grabbed her hairbrush and sped downstairs to the living room where her father was waiting. Tom smiled when he heard the bells of her shoes from the stairs. As soon as she was near enough Curare jumped into his arms.

"Good morning Daddy" she said brightly.

"Hello Darling. Did you sleep well?" Tom asked with a soft voice, to which she nodded. He sat her down on his lap, took the brush and staring combing her hair. This was tradition. Every morning and every evening they would sit down like this. Sometimes he would braid her hair in the morning as well.

As soon as Tom was finished, they both sat down in the dining room to have breakfast. Tom was reading the Daily Prophet while Curare ate her Pancakes with a happy face. "Can we go out later...I love snow, please Daddy?."

Tom looked up to see his daughter giving him puppy eyes. He cursed Sirius for teaching her them and gave in with a sigh. Although he was also strict Curare normally never asked for something absurd. He nodded and she squealed in joy.

Not even half an hour later Tom was wrapping a scarf around her neck. She had been ill a handful of times, not that it ever lasts more than three days thanks to potions, but he still hated it when she wasn't her usual bubbly and happy self. Curare had that something that made everyone around her happy, but she was also very cunning. Probably due to her being with so many Slytherin's. The only non-Slytherin person she was around frequently was Sirius Black.

Curare loved the snow a lot. She would spend hours out playing in it and would have an army on snowmen by now if they didn't melt eventually. She dragged her father into the garden and together they started to roll the balls for a new one. As Curare was still quite small it looked very funny, but she enjoyed every moment of it. When they were done Tom conjured up a nose, buttons, a scarf and gloves for Holly, as she had named it.

"We are going to the Malfoy's tonight. They are hosting a ball and there will a Death eater meeting before that at our house okay?" Tom said as soon as they were back inside. They were sitting by the fireplace with some hot chocolate, cuddled up together.